A little crunchy on the edges but with a soft and moist inside, these parmesan potato stacks will impress and satisfy everyone! These lovely layered potatoes are perfect as party appetizers but work just as great as a side dish or a snack!
Potato Stacks Recipe
You know I love easy peasy ideas, be it recipes, crafts or sewing projects! And these parmesan potato stacks are insanely easy, even a child could make these!
While easy and simple to make, these sliced potatoes with cheese are super impressive, looking sophisticated and fancy, making them perfect for parties or special events such as weddings or birthdays! The combination of parmesan, garlic, olive oil and herbs make these stacked potatoes simply irresistible!
I must admit, I gulped down a couple of these stacks as soon as I took them out of the oven and every time I passed by the fridge I made it my business to check them out, you know, just to see how much flavorful they got in time. Needless to say, by the time the day has passed, my parmesan potato stacks were long gone and a new batch has to be made for the rest of the family. Yes, I over indulged, but these lip-smacking layered potatoes were worth every bite! My hips might not be thankful right now but boy, my taste buds were in heaven!
I made a simple but flavorful sauce with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and herbs and added a bit of lemon juice to make these parmesan potato stacks taste light and fresh. I added a bit of chili powder so my potato stacks recipe is a bit spicy; feel free to skip or adjust the ingredients to match your taste. I gently tossed the potatoes in this sauce then I baked them in the oven until brown and slightly crispy on the edges. It was both satisfying and rewarding and it all took a lot less time than one would expect!
Parmesan Potato Stacks
- 12 medium potatoes
For the sauce:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- one tsp dry dill
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- juice from one lemon
You will also need:
- baking paper
- baking sheet
- potato peeler
- potato mandolin or sharp knife
- medium bowl
- 2 spatulas
- large dish
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside
- Pre heat oven to 375 F
- Peel potatoes, clean and slice with a mandolin or a sharp knife
- Wash the slices in cold water and drain well in a colander
- Make the sauce: mix all ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl
- In a large dish, add one layer of potatoes and sprinkle with a little bit of the sauce. Continue with another layer and so on until you finish the potatoes and the sauce. Then using 2 spatulas, gently toss potatoes until evenly covered in sauce.
- Make stacks out of 6-7 potato rounds and place the stacks in the lined baking sheet.
- Stick a toothpick through each stack. This will help with keeping the slices together while baking, removing the stacks once baked and serving to guests.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and center is soft, about 35-40 minutes. Keep longer if you like crispier potatoes.
Most popular recipes