This roasted potatoes and mushrooms recipe makes a nice side dish to bake alongside a roast in the oven but it’s also great as a meal on its own! The ingredients are simple but the flavors are incredible and the whole family will enjoy these tasty potatoes and mushrooms!
Mushroom And Potato Recipe
Like many other families our is super busy always on the run always in need of more hours in a day! At the end of the day when everyone is coming back home, all we need is relax and share our day over a nice, quick, savory dinner. And these roasted potatoes and mushrooms have been a great help, oh, so many times!
This potato and mushrooms bake is such a lovely recipe! It comes together relatively quickly, about 40 minutes from prepping the ingredients to baking. An awesome idea for a side dish next to grilled meat or a fish recipe , which are also quick to make, these roasted potatoes and mushrooms make a great meal on their own too, if you are a vegetarian or simply want to cut back on your meat intake. I like to serve these on their own as I normally have super light dinners and also because I like to truly savor this recipe.
We’re making this potato and mushroom side dish recipe a lot during summer time, for barbecues and potlucks! Because these roasted potatoes with mushrooms are so easy and handy to mix up in advance before the party and won’t require a lot of babysitting so you can focus on the other dishes and your guests.
We don’t like to make these roasted potatoes and mushrooms too complicated or add fancy flavors. We think less is best and with the right ingredients a dish can take like a gourmet recipe. So we only add garlic, fresh parsley, dry thyme, salt and pepper. That’s it! Just simple ingredients that combined, make one of the most amazing recipes!
Roasted Potatoes And Mushrooms
For the potatoes:
- 4 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 8 medium small potatoes, washed well, dried and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the mushrooms:
- 15 medium button (champignon) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
You will also need:
- Pre heat the oven to 475 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix 4 garlic cloves, smashed, olive oil and dry thyme and combine well.
- Place diced potatoes and the olive mix in a zip bag seal then mix well to coat evenly.
- Spread potatoes in the prepared baking sheet, then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste (I found a pinch of each works great). Make sure you don’t over crowd the potatoes as they will boil instead of roasting so use a large baking sheet.
- Place in the pre heated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are a golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place sliced mushrooms in a non stick skillet, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, add 3 tbsp olive oil and saute until the mushrooms are slightly soft and brown and the juice has evaporated, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute for an additional minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle chopped fresh parsley. Mix to coat.
- Mix cooked mushrooms with roasted potatoes and serve warm or re heat in the oven for a few minutes, if served the next day.