Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This adorable printable Happy Halloween banner is a fun craft project to put together as you prepare your home for the Halloween holiday!
Happy Halloween banner
Finding quick and easy ways to decorate for the holidays is a great way to add some seasonal style to your home. And whether you’re looking for a simple party decoration or a quick way to decorate your house for Halloween, a Happy Halloween banner is the perfect choice.
Other printables you will love:
- Printable Halloween toppers for bags and food
- Halloween stained glass craft
- Halloween Boo sign home decor
- Printable witch hat sign
How to make Halloween bunting
This quick and easy printable Halloween banner is a simple way to decorate your home for the holiday. In fact, you can put together this easy Halloween craft in a matter of minutes!
What do you need for this bunting?
To make your own Happy Halloween banner for your home, you’ll need:
- My printable Halloween bunting PDF file
- String or ribbon
How to make this bunting?
To make your own Halloween banner at home, start by downloading the printable PDF banner pages. After your finished downloading the banner, open the document and print each page on heavy cardstock to ensure it doesn’t rip while you’re putting the craft together. When the banner has finished printing, use a sharp pair of scissors to cut each flag out around the outer border.
Once you have each piece of the bunting ready to hang, you’ll need to decide how you want to display your banner. First, pick a spot in your home to hang the banner, then measure the space. This will help you decide how long your string should be and how you’ll position the banner flags on the string.
Cut your string to the proper length, then you can decide how you want to hang the flags on the string.
How to hang this Halloween banner?
There are a couple of different ways you can hang your printable bunting to display to for Halloween.
The tape/glue method
Attach string to the back of the banner. One simple way to display your bunting is to attach a piece of ribbon or string to the back of the banner and hang the banner on the wall. Simply line up the flags in a straight line, making sure the spacing between each flag is even, then attach the string to the back of the flags with tape or glue.
The threading method
Thread the string through the bunting. While attaching the string to the back of the flags is an easy fix, the glue or tape may not hold long. If you plan to display your banner for a long period of time, it’s a good idea to make the bunting more permanent by threading the string through each flag on your banner. To do this, use a hole punch to punch two holes in the top of each flag. Thread your string through each hole, adding each flag as you go. After all the pieces of the banner are attached to the string, you can adjust the spacing of the flags to your liking by carefully moving the flags from side to side on the string.
The clothespins method
Hang the bunting with mini clothespins. If you like the idea of attaching the banner to the string but don’t want to punch holes in the bunting, consider using mini clothespins to hang your bunting. Lay out the length of string you’ll be using to display your banner. Line the flags up on the string, then place a mini clothespin in each corner of each flag. After hanging the banner, you can adjust the spacing between each flag by removing the clothespins and moving the banner until it’s spaced correctly.
Halloween Bunting Ideas
This Happy Halloween banner is a great start to a fun Halloween decoration for your home. But there’s more you can do to create an amazing holiday display. Try using these additional craft supplies to dress up your printable banner.
- Halloween ribbon. Using holiday ribbon is a simple way to add more of a holiday look to your banner. You can use ribbon in Halloween colors, like orange and black. Or hang your banner with a patterned ribbon to create a fun Halloween theme.
- Fabric strips. Creating a bunting with fabric strips is a popular way to decorate for any holiday. Use Halloween-themed fabric to decorate the ends of your banner for a quick and easy décor upgrade.
- Pom poms. String some orange and black pom poms between each letter of your Halloween banner to instantly add a fun look to your display.
- Scrapbook paper. Add some pattern or color to your paper bunting with the help of scrapbook paper. After you print out the bunting, cut scrapbook paper to use as the backing for your banner. Attach the paper to the back of your banner to give it a fun Halloween look on both sides.
- Halloween ornaments. Head to your dollar store to grab some Halloween ornaments to dress up your plain paper banner. Use the ornaments as accents between each word or letter to add some texture and color to your bunting display.
Pin to save for later
Print the craft card
Printable Happy Halloween banner
- Printable PDF banner
- String or ribbon
- color printer
- Start by downloading the printable PDF banner pages.
- After your finished downloading the banner, open the document and print each page on heavy cardstock
- When the banner has finished printing, use a sharp pair of scissors to cut each flag out around the outer border.
- Once you have each piece of the bunting ready to hang, you’ll need to decide how you want to display your banner. First, pick a spot in your home to hang the banner, then measure the space. This will help you decide how long your string should be and how you’ll position the banner flags on the string.
- Cut your string to the proper length, then you can decide how you want to hang the flags on the string.