Make your own recycled vase using this super easy tutorial for making a flower vase out of plastic bottle. If you didn’t know better, you’d swear it was made out of crystal.
DIY Flower vase out of plastic bottle
I love making home decor out of old stuff or things I’m ready to throw in the garbage. It’s a great way to recycle and spend less money on home decor I need! It all brings me one step closer to an awesome goal we have: to leave greener every day.
So next time you’re ready to down a plastic bottle or even a gallon, think about making something useful out of it, like this flower vase. It’s an easy, super quick and inexpensive project and looks great filled with flowers!
How to make a flower vase out of plastic bottle
- plastic bottles
- paint spray in color of choice (I used golden and black); choose one that sticks to plastic
- Make sure the bottles are clean
- Cut the top of the bottle
- Add tape around the rim so you avoid cutting when filling the vase with flowers. Make sure you use a strong tape.
- Prep the bottles for painting by spreading some primer.
- Spray paint the bottle and leave to dry. If you choose to make a pattern as I did, spray the main color first, leave to completely dry as indicated on the spray, add tape above the area where you want to add the second color, then spray the second color and leave to dry completely. I find it useful to remove the tape a few minutes after I added the second color otherwise the paint might chip when the tape is removed.
- Enjoy your new, recycled flower vase!