Make the recipe now
Easy oven roasted potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- Coarse salt
- 1 small onion, peeled and very thin sliced julienne
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) (I used them only on half the potatoes because I was gonna serve this dish to my 4 years old too)
- a few fresh thyme sprigs
- a couple of fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- About 80 g = 3 oz bacon, cubed
- Round 9″ baking dish
- Mix oil and melted butter in a small dish. Set aside.
- Brush a round baking dish with a little of the butter/oil mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 F = 190 C.
- Slice the potatoes as thin as possible, crosswise (the thinner, the crispier).
- Arrange potatoes in circle in the baking dish.
- Wedge onions in between potato slices.
- Brush more butter and oil mixture.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper flakes, peppercorns and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes uncovered. While baking, check potatoes every 1/2 hour and brush more oil/butter mixture. Separate the slices with a knife if you need to. Depending on your oven you may need to adjust the oven temperature.
- While potatoes are baking, brown the bacon in a skillet. Drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Sprinkle bacon and stuff some throughout the potatoes too.
- Lay the thyme and rosemary sprigs on top of potatoes.
SEE MY MOST RECENT VIDEOS HERE
- Bake for an additional 35 minutes
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle on a little more salt.
- Serve immediately, simple or with sour cream. Make this a main dish by serving it with a bowl of salad.
If you liked this recipe I hope you’re gonna give it a try soon and I would love to see the end result so please share photos! Here’s a recipe card to save and print this later.
Most popular recipes:
Pages: 1 2