A super easy, quick and healthy whole wheat muesli muffins recipe. It makes a great breakfast next to a cup of milk or coffee or even a snack on the go.
Super easy, quick and healthy whole wheat muesli muffins
Today I’d like to offer you a healthy muffin recipe. This whole wheat muesli muffins recipe has less sugar, whole wheat flour, muesli and lots of fruit. I love it that it’s so easy to make, super quick to prepare and makes a great breakfast next to a glass of milk or coffee. I though of an idea to offer my little ones a healthy breakfast where I get to trick them into eating more fruit and whole wheat.
Guess what, a dessert like recipe always does the trick! The whole wheat muesli muffins were a big hit, they only managed to last until the next day. Fair enough the adults helped a bit with a muffin or two and in some cases a little more than just that.
I’ll definitely make this recipe again, in fact I plan to make it a regular on our table. Why not, it’s got all the good things: whole wheat, plenty of fruit, muesli etc I’ve learnt a few things while making this recipe:
- The original recipe wasn’t mentioning any milk but I found I need to add half a cup as the muesli tend to expand and absorb all the fluids in the ingredients.
- Next time I’ll have the muesli mixed up with some milk first to get them moist. I like my muffins super soft and moist and this simple trick will help.
- I’ll also double up the ingredients as the original recipe was stating the whole mixture will be good for 20 muffins while I got 12 only. Not enough for a big family like ours!
All in all, the whole wheat muesli muffins is a recipe I’d recommend anytime. It’s not too oily, not to sweet, has loads of fruit, both dried and fresh and most importantly it takes 10-15 minutes to make. With more practice I believe 5 minutes will be enough to prepare this super tasty recipe.
Whole wheat muesli muffins recipe
- 1 and 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10gr (0.35oz) baking powder
- 16 gr (0.56oz) vanilla sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup muesli with fruit
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium bananas
- small cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven.
- Make a banana puree by mixing bananas with honey.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and muesli.
- Separately mix the eggs, oil, honey & banana puree and vanilla sugar.
- Mix the two compositions and put the dough into 12 muffin molds lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with muesli and cinnamon.
- Bake about 30 minutes until passing the toothpick test.
- If you like your muffins super soft, moist the muesli in milk for a few minutes before adding to mixture.