Getting in the spirit of Christmas is so simple with this easy almond macaroons recipe! So quick, you’ll want to make a few more batches for when the holidays are over!
Easy Almond Macaroons Recipe
So you’ve got all the presents wrapped up and the holiday cards are all sent out, right? But wait! Have you waited until the very last minute for your Christmas baking? Or maybe you’re already running out of desserts! Been there, done that. It’s so hard to keep all those tiny hands away from your Christmas cookies, it breaks my heart to say no around Christmas.
This easy almond macaroons recipe make such awesome cookies in literally no time! These little cookies are sweet, fragrant, crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, the perfect cookie for a 5 o’clock tea or next to a cup of coffee on Sundays.
But they’re also a great last minute solution for holidays baking as you can put them together in less than 10 minutes and bake for about 20. And chances are you have all the ingredients on hand! Dip them in chocolate and add sprinkles for a more festive look!
This easy almond macaroons recipe is not only simple but it will make your house smell wonderful! Light and chewy, with simple ingredients, these cookies take no special skills to make.
Almond Macaroons Recipe
- egg whites from 3 medium eggs
- 7 oz = 200 g raw almonds
- handful raw walnuts
- 7 oz = 200 g icing sugar
- 1/2 oz = 15 g vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum or almond extract
- icing sugar for powdering (optional)
- Preheat oven at 300 F = 150 C
- Ground almonds and walnuts.
- With a mixer, beat egg whites until firm.
- Slowly add icing sugar, almond and walnuts, one tablespoon at a time and mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Add vanilla sugar and rum or almond extract.
- Drop batter with a tablespoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches in between cookies. Alternatively you can use a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2″ plain tip.
- Dust with some icing sugar (optional)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.