Apple Puff Pastry Ring
- 1 large apple
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- cinnamon powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- brown sugar
- 1 small egg
- optional – icing sugar for dusting
You will also need:
SEE MY MOST RECENT VIDEOS HERE
- Pre heat oven to 390 F
- Cut apple in half, core and cut into thin slices.
- Line baking paper on a working surface
- Place pastry on the baking paper.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet with a rolling pin. Don’t make it too thin though.
- Line the apple slices at one end of the pastry sheet, in 2-3 tight rows, leaving about 1/2″ pastry at the top, to fold in later on
- Sprinkle lime juice over the apple slices
- Dust cinnamon powder over the apple slices
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the apple slices.
- About 1″ down the bottom of the apple slices, start making V shapes, using a pizza/pastry wheel. Remove the excess pastry.
- Fold in the top of the pastry sheet, over the apple slices, then slowly start rolling to the end of the pastry sheet.
- Beat the egg and brush pastry with egg.
- Shape into a ring, folding one end of the ring into the other end, lightly pinching together.
- Grab the ends of the baking paper and move the ring to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle more brown sugar
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
Most Popular Recipes
More Puff Pastry Recipes You Might Like:
Pages: 1 2