Need a simple, quick & savory recipe for your busy weeknights? Try this chicken with olives in tomato sauce for a delicious, Italian inspired dish!
Chicken With Olives In Tomato Sauce
Chicken is very popular in many families. If yours is one of those, try this super yummy chicken with olives in tomato sauce; your family will adore you and ask for seconds every time you make this recipe! Fast, easy and healthy, this dish makes a delicious weeknight meal, perfect for busy people.
This Italian inspired chicken with olives in tomato sauce is very savory, full of flavors and very eye catching with all those vibrant colors. Full of olives, tomatoes and tender pieces of skinless chicken breast, this recipe is well received even by picky eaters. A very satisfying recipe you just can’t go wrong with!
Chicken With Olives In Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 4 medium chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, each cut into 4 smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper paste
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup black olives, diced
- about 3 cups water
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
You will also need:
- non stick skillet
- wood spatula
- meat fork
- In a large skillet, heat oil and roast chicken until golden, on both sides (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Add 1 cup of water (should slightly cover all meat).
- Cover with a lid and leave to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, bell pepper paste, garlic and salt & pepper to taste (if olives are too salty skip salt altogether).
- Add another cup of water, cover with lid and simmer on low for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add olives and 1 cup of water if and simmer for a few more minutes until happy with the thickness of the sauce.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley and serve.