Learn to make delicious, golden, crispy chicken with this easy lemon fried chicken recipe. Creates tender/crispy chicken breast pieces with a lovely golden coating, great with mashed, boiled or fried potatoes.
Lemon Fried Chicken
Take your average chicken schnitzel to the next level with an easy and quick to make lemon fried chicken recipe! This is a lovely dinner that even kids will love helping you to make and then eating.
I love making this lemony chicken recipe. It’s healthy, delicious and quick to make at home so you can enjoy your favorite restaurant recipe in the comfort of your home, anytime you crave some delicious lemon fried chicken. While the original Austrian recipe calls for veal or pork, my favorite is this chicken version as it’s lighter, healthier and tastier.
Lemon fried chicken is a simple, budget friendly recipe that anyone can make. It works great with fries as well as mashed and boiled potatoes but my favorite way to serve this recipe is next to a big, healthy bowl of salad. Some might even choose to make a dip, sauce, homemade mayonnaise or just a dollop of sour cream.
This recipe is probably the best chicken recipe you can make! Kids love it, adults love it, it’s so tasty, everyone will ask for more. Simple to make, this timeless lemon fried chicken is bursting with flavors! And the whole secret is just a good soak in lemon juice.
Lemon Fried Chicken Recipe
- 21 oz = 600 g chicken breast
- 3 medium large eggs
- 1 cup homemade breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- juice from 1 medium lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- optional: dried herbs
You will also need:
- Cut the chicken breast into slices and lightly beat with a meat beater.
- Soak the chicken in lemon juice, salt and pepper for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the lemon marinade and strain through a sieve.
- Beat the eggs well and keep on a side (add herbs if you opted to use)
- Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in the egg mixture then dredge in bread crumbs evenly (note: for crispier chicken, repeat the process)
- Heat the oil and fry chicken on both sides about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove to a plate lined with kitchen towels.
- Best served warm.