Chicken With Mushrooms And Sour Cream
Chicken recipes are quite easy to get bored of but not when you make a savory, mouthwatering, melt-in-your-mouth dish like this chicken in white sauce recipe. Not to mention this creamy skillet chicken is quick, easy, convenient and since it’s all cooked in one pan, cleaning up is just as easy as making the recipe.
This delicious chicken in white sauce recipe takes about 20 minutes to make and you only need a handful of ingredients, a true delight for chicken and mushrooms lovers! This quick skillet chicken recipe is packed full of flavors, thick, creamy, a little gooey, with tender pieces of chicken breast, fabulous for busy people and enjoyed by picky eaters too. So many great flavors in just one pan!
To be honest, Ellie and I are not really huge fans of chicken meat (unless we’re talking organic, farm chicken; that tastes amazing!). But after making this easy skillet chicken I have a hunch we’ll both consider making this dish again, next time we pass by the store. We made this chicken mushroom skillet for just the two of us so it’s quite small (though we got to serve it with two meals so it was more than plenty for the two of us). Feel free to adjust as needed for your family.
Chicken In White Sauce Recipe
- 2 chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into medium pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 2 handfuls fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
You will also need:
- Season chicken with 1 tsp thyme, oregano salt and pepper and mix to coat evenly.
- In a skillet, heat oil and cook chicken until golden, on both sides.
- Remove chicken into a bowl and keep aside.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant then add mushrooms. Fry until they’re soft.
- Meanwhile mix 1 tbsp flour with 2 tbsp milk and mix well.
- Add half the parsley, all milk and sour cream to the skillet, mix then add the flour mixture and mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to skillet, add salt, pepper and water and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add half the cheese and mix.
- Turn the heat off, add the rest of the parsley and cheese and serve.