A hearty dinner meal, this Hash Brown Lasagna is a quicker, healthier, mouthwatering twist on the traditional lasagna recipe!
Hash Brown Lasagna Easy Dinner
Can you imagine layers and layers of cheesy, meaty, full of hearty veggies, lip smacking tastiness? Cause that’s exactly what this super easy, super quick, super yummy Hash Brown Lasagna is! Perfect dinner idea for busy families and a total crowd pleaser, even picky kids!
I know that because I have the pickiest little munchkin and while it took a while to get her to take the first bite of this lasagna, I actually had a hard time making her stop afterwards. She never ate so much and in such a short time, she basically gulped down a big chunk in minutes and she showered me with compliments! And she always complains about food so that’s a huge deal for me!
I love lasagna but it seems that it takes me forever to make one. So I thought of a little twist and used Hungry Jack hashbrowns instead of lasagna sheets.
I also wanted to make it healthier so I added tons of veggies, I used chicken breast meat and just a little bit of oil. Also I used mozzarella instead of Parmesan and added garlic for an extra dose of healthiness. I imagined all of this goodness will need some sort of a binder so I added a few eggs mixed with chopped dill to give the lasagna extra flavor. All these make this recipe an easy, filling, nutritious dinner that tastes just like a slice of heaven and keeps the whole family happy!
While I picked the Original, there are more delicious flavors to choose from, like the Cheesy version or the new Black Pepper & Onion!
When making your own recipe (cause I know you will! you can’t possibly miss out on all this tasty goodness!) and purchase your Hungry Jack hashbrowns (here’s a link to a store locator so you can easily find your Hungry Jack hashbrowns), head over to their site first to download your coupon and find out more about their awesome Hashbrowns for Dinner Contest, between May 9 – June 19!
Hash Brown Lasagna Recipe
- 7 cups Hungry Jack HashBrowns
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- bunch of dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 10″ = 25 cm square baking or casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F = 175 C.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green onion, garlic and Hungry Jack hashbrowns. Cook about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove mixture and set aside.
- Brown the meat in a skillet.
- Add all vegetables, cook for 2 minutes then add the tomato sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the eggs, add milk then add the chopped dill and a pinch of salt.
- Layer, in order, the following: half the potatoes, half the vegetable, meat and sauce blend, 1/3 of the cheese, 1/2 the egg mixture. Gently poke with a fork all over. Repeat.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes then add the remaining mozzarella and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Allow to cool in the baking sheet/casserole and serve warm with a side salad.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.