Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- fabric for cuff (I used 100% cotton, similar here) – for my pillow my measures where 12″ x 35″ = 30 cm x 90 cm
- fabric for main body (100% cotton, similar here) – my measures where 18″ x 35″ = 45 cm x 90 cm
- fabric marker
- measuring tape or long ruler
- sewing machine
- Wash, dry and iron your fabric.
- Fold fabrics in half for easy cut of your rectangles.
- Fold the cuff in half, lengthwise and iron down the fold.
- Match up the raw edges of your cuff withe the right side of your pillowcase body, pin and sew with a 1/2″ allowance. Serge or zig zag to finish the seam.
- Iron out your seam.
- Add a top stitch, about 1/8″ over from your seam edge. This is optional but it adds extra strength to the seam and I love the decorative look.
- Fold this big rectangle in half and match up the sides and bottom of the pillowcase, with fabric right sides together. Pin and sew all the way down the side and bottom.
- When you reach the corner, lift the foot, pivot the fabric and continue sewing.
- Serge off the seams or do a zig zag.
- Turn the pillowcase right side out, making sure to push the corners all the way out.
- Iron the seams flat.
- You’re done! You are now the proud owner of one fun looking pillow! Don’t you just love easy sewing ideas like this one?
Loved this? Sign up to my newsletter and get all the latest goodness right in your inbox!
Mug rug sewing tutorial
Rope bowl sewing tutorial
Most popular sewing articles
Pages: 1 2