Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- fabric for cuff (I used 100% cotton, similar here) – for my pillow my measures where 12″ x 35″ = 30 cm x 90 cm
- fabric for main body (100% cotton, similar here) – my measures where 18″ x 35″ = 45 cm x 90 cm
- fabric marker
- measuring tape or long ruler
- sewing machine
- Wash, dry and iron your fabric.
- Fold fabrics in half for easy cut of your rectangles.
- Fold the cuff in half, lengthwise and iron down the fold.
- Match up the raw edges of your cuff withe the right side of your pillowcase body, pin and sew with a 1/2″ allowance. Serge or zig zag to finish the seam.
- Iron out your seam.
- Add a top stitch, about 1/8″ over from your seam edge. This is optional but it adds extra strength to the seam and I love the decorative look.
- Fold this big rectangle in half and match up the sides and bottom of the pillowcase, with fabric right sides together. Pin and sew all the way down the side and bottom.
- When you reach the corner, lift the foot, pivot the fabric and continue sewing.
- Serge off the seams or do a zig zag.
- Turn the pillowcase right side out, making sure to push the corners all the way out.
- Iron the seams flat.
- You’re done! Easy pillowcase tutorial for one fun looking pillow!
No zipper circle skirt tutorial
Mug rug sewing tutorial
Rope bowl sewing tutorial
You may also like
Pages: 1 2