Homemade flea repellent
- 4 tablespoons borax
- 6 tablespoons very fine salt
- 6 tablespoons baking soda
- 30 drops lemon essential oil (or lavender, peppermint, tea tree, orange)
- empty jar with a plastic lid
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add essential oils and mix well until no clumps are left.
- Take the jar and pierce a few holes through the plastic lid.
- Pour the homemade flea repellent into the jar, tightly screw the lid on and start sprinkling the mixture on carpets.
- Leave on for 24 hr then thoroughly vacuum clean.
- Clean the vacuum cleaner right afterwards to make sure fleas are completely removed from the house.
I hope this homemade flea repellent for home will work for you as great as it has been for us. Please let me know your feedback if you get to use this powder mix.
Loved this? Sign up to my newsletter and get all the latest goodness right in your inbox!
More Insect solutions you might like:
DIY flea repellent for dogs
How to remove carpet odor
Natural spider repellent
Most Popular DIY