Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
If you’ve been looking for a quick fudge recipe, give this traditional lemon fudge a try! Made in the stovetop and cooled in a loaf pan, this lemon fudge recipe is tangy, zesty and sweet all at the same time. Get ready to pucker up because you can feel the delicious lemon flavor in every bite!
I’ve been looking for a way to make lemon pie tasting fudge for a while now so I’m really happy to finally be able to say I did it! This lemon fudge tastes just like the silk lemon pie from your favorite bakery. This stovetop fudge is so sweet, is zesty, tangy and honestly really amazing!
Oh and this is a fairly easy recipe too! While we are making this lemon fudge using the traditional method (aka. using sugar and boiling it) there’s nothing too complicated or fancy you need to have on hand.
More desserts you will love:
Usually traditional fudge recipes call for a candy thermometer but we are not using one for this evaporated milk fudge and instead are keeping things simple. Once the sugar and milk gets to a rolling boil, cook it for 5 minutes without stirring. The sugar will dissolve and you’ll be ready to do the rest.
Why you don’t want to stir the milk and sugar when making fudge?
If this is the first time you are making fudge from scratch then you are probably wondering why you can’t stir the milk and sugar when it’s boiling.
Basically stirring it crystallizes the sugar. That’s why some fudges are gritty. The sugar crystallized and now you can feel it in the end product.
I know it’s hard but control the urge to stir for those 5 minutes if you want to have amazing, silky, lemon fudge.
How do you harden lemon fudge?
If you did everything correctly then your fudge will harden when left alone. The sugar will crystallize as well as the chocolate.
Give it around 2 hours in the refrigerator and you’ll be able to cut it with a knife. Make a large batch and cut it into chunks if you wrap it and store it in a nice box it will make the perfect gift!
Lemon Fudge recipe
1.Wrap a baking pan in plastic wrap. Set aside
2. In a saucepan combine sugar and evaporated milk.
3. Take to the stovetop on medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly until it reaches a rolling boil.
4. Stop stirring and bring heat to medium-low. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from fire. Add lemon zest, butter and white chocolate.
6. With the help of a spatula mix until evenly incorporated and fully melted.
7. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth with a rubber spatula.
8. Let it cool completely before cutting.
Print the recipe
Lemon Fudge Recipe
- 1 Cup sugar
- ⅓ Cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Cup white chocolate chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter diced
- Wrap a baking pan in plastic wrap. Set aside
- In a saucepan combine sugar and evaporated milk. Take to the stovetop on medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly until it reaches a rolling boil.
- Stop stirring and bring heat to medium-low. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire. Add lemon zest, butter and white chocolate and with the help of a spatula mix until evenly incorporated and fully melted.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.
Pin to save for later