This quick strawberry basil smoothie with a touch of black pepper is a perfect snack, a refreshing dessert or a pre-work out drink packed with protein and healthy ingredients. A fresh twist on a smoothie!
As you may remember from my Strawberry parfait post, we’ve had a lot of strawberries this year. So many that at one point I did not know how to handle them. I mean, there’s only so much one could eat. We’ve used our strawberries in so many recipes, I think I’m all set for a whole year, I don’t need any more strawberries in my diet!
Other smoothie ideas you will love:
- Tropical smoothie recipe
- Strawberry banana orange protein smoothie
- Fudge strawberry cherry orange smoothie
- Fruit and veggie smoothie ice pops
One of the great ways we consumed our strawberries was through smoothies and I particularly loved the strawberry basil smoothie recipe with black pepper. I love spicy food and I’m a sucker for refreshing, cooling beverages, things this smoothie delivered in just a few minutes.
Basil brings a fresh flavor and adds up to the spiciness just a bit and the sweetness from strawberries matches the peppery taste of basil perfectly, an unexpected but delightful combination. The whole smoothies is packed of healthy nutrients and a great source of protein.
Strawberry Basil Smoothie recipe
Strawberry Basil Smoothie with Black Pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 leaves fresh basil 2 if leaves are large
- Generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients together in blender.
- Mix well
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with small basil leaves.