These Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers make one of the best appetizers or even a side dish. These are so good you may be tempted to skip the main dish altogether!
Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
There’s no secret I love appetizers and the main reason I make them on such a regular basis is because I love to eat them as snacks. And these yum and adorable Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers are the perfect bite size snack for a cheese and veggie lover as myself. And the best thing about these is they are ready in about 20 minutes, even less if you decide to skip the roasting part and use your mini peppers fresh.
These stuffed peppers are definitely a life saver when you have unexpected guests for dinner or you run short on time for a party you’re hosting. The filling is sooo good that I actually ate half of it before filling the peppers and had to make some more. And it’s made with such simple ingredients. You can add more if you like though, like some finely chopped onions, bacon bits or pancetta, nuts and more herbs. The possibilities are endless but remember to keep things simple. And garlic is definitely a must, no matter your choice.
I sometimes like to serve these as a side dish and I truly enjoy pairing them with my homemade pickled chili peppers! These simple cheese stuffed mini peppers are so good, you’ll find yourself making them again and again!
Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds mini bell peppers (or a mix of mini bell peppers and jalapeños if you like spicy)
- 6 oz herb seasoned goat cheese
- 6 oz creamy feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and pureed
- paring knife
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F = 200 C.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a paring knife, cut a circle 1/2″ from the stem-end of the peppers. Remove the seeds and veins.
- Bake in the middle of your oven for 10 minutes or until peppers begin to soften. I placed an extra tray on the lower level of my oven too as I didn’t want my peppers to get golden on the outside, I just wanted them a tiny bit softened.
- Remove from the oven, set aside and cool a little.
- Mix cheeses and garlic.
- Using a small dessert spoon, fill each pepper with the cheese mixture.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like parsley, basil or dill.
- Enjoy our delicious cheese stuffed mini peppers!