No need to buy gift boxes when you can make adorable, pretty and personalized recycled gift boxes for a fraction of the cost! Stand out from the crowd with a lovely toilet paper roll gift box!
DIY Gift Box
I am so excited about this little toilet paper roll gift box project! Not only that I get to recycle my tp rolls, which I really love (and if you’ve been following me for a while you know how cheap…I mean savvy I am). but I also get to put my own touch and personalize these little diy gift boxes the way I want.
A tiny toilet paper roll gift box like this is perfect for hiding small items like jewelry, chocolates or even colic drops. It would make the perfect gift for a new mama! I remember vividly when Ellie was only a baby and it was such a magical time! But her constant crying and fussiness were affecting our quality time tremendously and were putting so much pressure on me as a mom. Colic drops are the perfect size to fit into these mini gift boxes.
I really love these small gift boxes as they are insanely easy to make, taking only a few minutes to put together! And they’re a great opportunity to use up something we normally throw away without realizing it can be used for so many beautiful things: toilet paper rolls.
I also love it that I can decorate them many ways, with tissue paper, ribbon, glitter or even washi tape. For this time I chose to use tissue paper and ribbon which I think it’s the fastest way to create and decorate these boxes. These toilet paper rolls gift boxes are perfect for wrapping small items and suitable for any holiday. But since they’re so darn cute, I think they’re best fit for a Valentine’s Day gift.
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Toilet paper roll gift box
- Toilet paper rolls
- Tissue paper in color and pattern of choice
- Glue stick
- Ribbon in color and pattern of choice
- Cut tissue paper long enough to go around the toilet paper roll three times. As for the width make it 1″ wider than the paper roll, on each side.
- Apply glue on a small portion, on the “wrong side” of the tissue paper, starting at one end
- Start wrapping it around the toilet paper roll and add more glue as you go until you covered the whole surface and finished wrapping the whole tissues paper strip around the toilet paper roll.
- Looking at one end of the toilet paper roll, gently press the extra tissue paper inside the roll, until all tissue paper is nicely tucked in and glued to the tube. Do the same on the other end of the toilet paper roll.
- Press with your finger on each end of the roll to fold so each half would slightly bend towards the center (just like a half moon). They will slightly overlap in the middle. Make the crease nice and sharp by smoothly running your nail along it.
- Stick your small gift inside.
- Cut some ribbon to go around the tube 3 times, from one end to the other, wrap around and make a pretty bow, either in the middle or off center as I did.
- Your little toilet paper rolls gift boxes are ready to be delivered!
More tp rolls crafts you might like:
Most popular crafts
Latest posts by Petro (see all)
- Reusable Snack Bag Sewing Tutorial - June 20, 2019
- 35 Easy crafts for kids to keep them entertained all summer long - June 18, 2019
- Sparkling Lemon Berry Iced Tea - June 17, 2019