Wall decorating ideas are fun, exciting and can be a great and inexpensive way to add personality to a boring wall. Here’s a Valentine’s day wall decorations project, made with recycled toilet paper rolls.
Valentines Day Wall Decor
If you’ve been following me for a while, then you must know that I hate throwing away stuff and that I love being frugal and making the best out of the stuff I have on hand. I love making my own household products, home decor and I even try my hand on making clothes for myself and my little one. I also love to recycle and upcycle and put things to a better use. Just like I did with a couple of toilet paper rolls for this cute Valentine’s day wall decorations project.
These DIY Valentine’s day decorations are so easy to make and take literally minutes of your time. These little hearts are so cute and a great way to brighten up and add personality to an empty wall. They look best on a white background and are a perfect addition to a Valentine’s Day themed party.
Valentine’s Day Wall Decorations
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- red spray paint
- thread in white or neutral color
- sharp, thin needle
- ribbon in color of choice
- scotch tape
- Press on the toilet paper rolls to flatten.
- Cut circles of about 1/2″ in width
- Spray paint inside and outside and allow to completely dry
- Firmly press on one of the edges to flatten it more
- Fold inside the other edge to form a heart shape and press
- Thread some white or neutral thread through a sharp, thin needle
- Using the needle, pierce through the top of the heart, in the middle, inside out.
- Make a knot at the end of the thread to secure it in the heart.
- Sew the thread to a piece of ribbon in color of choice.
- Place the hearts this way at equal distances, using various thread length.
- Hang your Valentine decorations for the home on a wall using scotch tape.
So what do you think? Aren’t these Valentine wall decorations so adorable?