DIY wall decorating ideas are fun, fascinating and can be a great and inexpensive way to add personality to a boring wall. Here’s a DIY Valentine’s Day decorations project made with recycled toilet paper rolls.
Diy valentine’s day decorations
If you’ve been following me for a while, then you must know that I hate throwing stuff away and that I love being a homemaker. I find peace in making my own household products, home decor and I even try my hand on making clothes for myself and my little one. I also love to recycle and upcycle and put things to a better use, like I did with a couple of toilet paper rolls on this DIY Valentine’s Day decorations project.
These are so easy to make and take literally minutes of your time. These little hearts are so cute and a great way to brighten up and add personality to an empty wall. They look best on a white background and are a perfect addition to a Valentine’s Day themed party.
DIY Valentine’s Day decorations tutorial
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- red spray paint
- thread in white or neutral color
- sharp, thin needle
- ribbon in color of choice
- scotch tape
- Press on the toilet paper rolls to flatten.
- Cut circles of about 1/2″ in width
- Spray paint inside and outside and allow to completely dry
- Firmly press on one of the edges to flatten it more
- Fold inside the other edge to form a heart shape and press
- Thread some white or neutral thread through a sharp, thin needle
- Using the needle, pierce through the top of the heart, in the middle, inside out.
- Make a knot at the end of the thread to secure it in the heart.
- Sew the thread to a piece of ribbon in color of choice.
- Place the hearts this way at equal distances, using various thread length.
- Hang on a wall using scotch tape
Didn’t I tell you these DIY Valentine’s Day decorations are easy peasy?