This yellow bean salad, loaded with delicious yellow beans, garlic and homemade mayonnaise is a favorite side dish at parties but perfect as a starter, a luscious snack or a simple dinner too!
Yellow Beans Garlic Spread
Salads are so versatile and easy, we can make them countless ways using our favorite ingredients and all kinds of various dressings. And this simple yellow bean salad spread is the living proof!
These yellow beans with mayonnaise are so impressive! This can easily be a nourishing salad, an easy and quick last minute appetizer, a delicious mid afternoon snack on a slice of bread or a nice, tasty, simple dinner. The mayonnaise addition brings in lots of flavor and makes this spread tastier but increases the number of calories too. However, choosing to make your own mayonnaise at home can reduce the numbers and will definitely make it a healthier option than the store bought mayonnaise.
This yellow bean salad recipe uses fresh yellow string beans that are slightly boiled until barely tender but crisp but you could also use canned yellow beans, as long as they’re crisp and lightly flavored. The recipe can be seasoned with all kinds of herbs or made spicy with a little hot chili powder or flakes addition but I personally like it just the way it is, simple and garlicky!
This easy yellow beans garlic spread is best served cold, on wholewheat bread with seeds and paired with pickles. It’s so easy and delicious you’ll be making this recipe over and over again!
Yellow Bean Salad
- 17 oz = 500 g or 2 cups fresh yellow beans
- boiling water
- 4 garlic cloves (or more)
- 3-4 tbsp homemade mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional – chopped dill
You will also need:
- Wash yellow beans thoroughly
- Place beans in a saucepan with boiling water. Keep boiling for 5 minutes then immediately run through cold water.
- Strain through a colander and leave on a side to cool completely.
- Cut yellow beans in small pieces, about 1/2″ long then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Crush garlic and mix with mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste (optional, add chopped dill too).
- Pour the mayonnaise garlic mixture over the yellow beans and mix to coat.
- Perfect to serve cold, with pickles on wholewheat bread with seeds.