A bright, refreshing cold tomato soup and a no-cook delight! This is the best gazpacho recipe, a summer/fall specialty, that is best made at the end of summer when tomatoes are most flavorful!
Best Gazpacho recipe
Oh, wait! What is this best Gazpacho recipe you’re talking about? Well, I’ll have you know this amazing, incredibly easy gazpacho recipe is a Spanish soup that is prepared super quickly, with no stove required so you can take full advantage of all the vitamins in those tasty and healthy garden vegetables. Perfect dish for those hot summer days when turning the stove on is a big no, no!
Other soups you will love:
Is gazpacho a cold soup?
Gazpacho soup is a cold, raw tomato-based soup that is served mainly in summer, and not just because it’s served cold, but also because this season is abundant in vegetables (tomatoes in particular) and this is the time when they’re most flavorful. I suggest fresh garden tomatoes, even if they’re not in their perfect shape; these are the most flavorful!
I like to resort to simple, easy recipes that are not time consuming and this recipe for the best gazpacho soup (seriously, THE ABSOLUTE BEST!) fits my needs, keeps my family happy and their tummy full. Plus the idea of adding a bit of basil to this tomato heaven is just so mouthwatering to me! I start drooling every time I think of this soup!
Can gazpacho be served hot?
While I personally find this soup tasting best when cold, you can always serve it hot or warm, making it a great option for colder seasons too. Just use a non stick dish to heat it on the stove or use your microwave.
What time of day is gazpacho eaten?
Some serve this soup as a starter but I find it also perfect for lunch, dinner or as a refreshing, filling and healthy snack!
How do you eat gazpacho soup?
Preparing it for serving is just as easy as making this delicious soup. Just take it out of the fridge, gently stir it for a few seconds then pour in a bowl or a cup and serve. You can add fresh parsley or basil or finely chopped vegetables to give it a fresh taste.
Make it more filling by pairing this best gazpacho recipe with:
How long will gazpacho last in the refrigerator?
While this amazing soup tastes best when served fresh, it keeps well in the fridge for 5-6 days.
I personally think this combo of tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers and basil is summer perfection!
Gazpacho soup recipe
For this lovely summer dish you’ll need fresh vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, onion, herbs and spices. You’ll also need a good quality blender, such as this High performance series blender.
How do you make gazpacho soup?
1. Put all vegetables and garlic in a blender
2. Stir in salt, lime juice, oil, oregano, cayenne pepper, basil and black pepper.
3. Cover and puree until smooth.
4. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Serve with toast or croutons
Print the recipe card
Best Gazpacho recipe
- 5 large fresh tomatoes peeled and diced
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled and finely diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 minced medium small onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Put all vegetables and garlic in a blender
- Stir in salt, lime juice, oil, oregano, cayenne pepper, basil and black pepper.
- Cover and puree until smooth.
- Pour pureed mixture through a strainer
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pour into bowls and top with basil.
Pin to save for later