This homemade herb and cheese bread is super soft and easy to make! Totally stuffed with cheese and herb flavors, this Italian herb and cheese bread is the perfect soft bread to go with soups, pastas or to eat toasted with some garlic butter. The perfect complement to any meal!
Herb and cheese bread
I love making bread at home, there’s something magical about the process of creating something really delicious from just some flavor! Oh, and the freshly baked bread smell. That alone is enough to make anyone crave homemade bread. This tasty herb and cheese bread is my latest addiction!
The great thing about this herb bread recipe is that it’s simple and easy to make while being incredibly delicious and satisfying. If you’ve never made bread before because you are scared of working with yeast and having to wait a ton of time for your bread to rise then this is the perfect recipe for you!
How to make a herb and cheese bread?
1. Preheat the oven and grease and flour a baking pan.
2. Combine the flour with the baking powder, salt and spices. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
3. Whisk the eggs with the milk until incorporated.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well incorporated.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
What herbs to use when making cheesy herb bread?
You can play with the herbs as much as you want! I used some rosemary and thyme but you can use any spice mix you like:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Play with your spices as much as you like to create a herb bread that’s perfect for you!
What cheese can you use to make a cheese bread?
I love the combination of herbs and mozzarella cheese and love the texture it gives it to bread. However this recipe is also incredibly good with Parmesan cheese or with cheddar cheese.
Herb Cheese Bread
The great thing about this recipe is that’s one of the easiest you’ll ever find. Basically just mix everything in a big bowl, transfer the thick batter to a baking pan and take to the oven to bake. That’s it.
We are not using yeast here and there’s no need to let the bread rise or the yeast to proof. Instead of yeast we are using baking powder, kind of like if you were making a quick bread.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe
Herb and cheese bread
- 3 Cups flour
- 2 Cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp rosemary
- 1 Tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese to put on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a baking pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour with the baking powder, salt and spices. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the oil and milk until incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Take to the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until done.