Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Looking for a vegetarian pizza recipe that easy to make at home? This delicious hummus pizza uses healthy, nutritious ingredients and comes together in no time!
This is pizza week for us!! I make pizza at home very often, our first choice always being vegetarian pizza. But this was my first time making hummus pizza! For this recipe I used this thin crust recipe and I got hooked on how easy it is to just throw a warm, healthy, delicious meal in no time. I took the chance to add my favorite ingredients that I think make a really nice pair with hummus: feta, arugula and red onion.
I think all ingredients in this yummy homemade vegetarian pizza are pretty awesome and healthy! And I love it that this hummus pizza keeps me full for so long without me needing to, well…stuff my face with too many slices. As a garlic junkie I had to add garlic and let me tell you: the hummus/feta/garlic combination is the best you could get!
More pizza ideas you will love:
- Pizza pinwheels appetizers
- Mini mummy pizzas
- Breakfast pizza with eggs
- Mini bread hot dog pizzas
- Vegan pizza babka
Adding some arugula made this meal quite filling and nutritious while the cumin. And the chopped dill gave my hummus pizza the Mediterranean twist I’ve been craving lately! A super tasty, super special recipe! The photos don’t do any justice though, sorry about that, I just seem to suck big time at photography skills.
Hummus Pizza recipe
What do you need to make this recipe?
- Pizza crust – I make my own crust because it tastes so much better and it’s super easy to make at home. If that’s not your cup of tea, use store bought crust.
- Hummus – you can use store bought if you have a favorite brand or make your own. I offer instructions in the recipe card below to make a simple hummus (chickpea spread) where I didn’t use tahini. Feel free to add some if my version is not up to your taste in hummus.
- Feta cheese – I recommend crumbly feta
- Arugula – fresh and chopped finely
- Red onions – cut julienne or you could use whole rings.
- Tomato paste – I like this better but you can swap for tomato sauce if you don’t have paste. Just skip diluting it with water.
How to make hummus pizza from scratch?
- Roll out the crust as thin or thick as you like. We love crispy crust so we spread ours very thin.
- Mix the hummus ingredients in a food processor then spread hummus on the pizza.
- Drizzle with tomato paste or sauce. Add feta cheese, arugula and onions.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Add more feta and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve simple or with arugula salad on a side to make this a more filling meal.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Hummus pizza with feta and arugula
- 14 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon cumin or caraway seeds
- Thin pizza crust
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1 handful of chopped dill
- 1/2 cup arugula chopped
- 1 red onion cut julienne
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- Use a food processor to make a paste out of chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic.
- Add cumin or caraway seeds. You can also add some tahini if you like.
- Season to taste and add a little water to get it to a spreadable consistency if needed.
- Preheat oven to 395 F
- Spread the humus on the pizza crust.
- Mix tomato paste with 6 tablespoons water and spread over the hummus.
- Sprinkle feta cheese, dill, arugula and onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle some more feta cheese
- Bake for 5 more minutes. Serve warm, with arugula salad on a side.
Most popular recipes:
- French cream puffs
- Spiced herb roasted sweet potato wedges
- Buttermilk fried chicken
- 6 Ingredients taco soup