Looking for a vegetarian pizza recipe that easy to make at home? This delicious hummus pizza uses healthy, nutritious ingredients and comes together in no time!
This is pizza week for us!! I make pizza at home very often, our first choice always being vegetarian pizza. But this was my first time making hummus pizza! For this recipe I used this thin crust recipe and I got hooked on how easy it is to just throw a warm, healthy, delicious meal in no time. I took the chance to add my favorite ingredients that I think make a really nice pair with hummus: feta, arugula and red onion.
I think all ingredients in this yummy homemade vegetarian pizza are pretty awesome and healthy! And I love it that this hummus pizza keeps me full for so long without me needing to, well…stuff my face with too many slices. As a garlic junkie I had to add garlic and let me tell you: the hummus/feta/garlic combination is the best you could get!
More pizza ideas you will love:
Adding some arugula made this meal quite filling and nutritious while the cumin. And the chopped dill gave my hummus pizza the Mediterranean twist I’ve been craving lately! A super tasty, super special recipe! The photos don’t do any justice though, sorry about that, I just seem to suck big time at photography skills.
Hummus Pizza recipe
What do you need to make this recipe?
- Pizza crust – I make my own crust because it tastes so much better and it’s super easy to make at home. If that’s not your cup of tea, use store bought crust.
- Hummus – you can use store bought if you have a favorite brand or make your own. I offer instructions in the recipe card below to make a simple hummus (chickpea spread) where I didn’t use tahini. Feel free to add some if my version is not up to your taste in hummus.
- Feta cheese – I recommend crumbly feta
- Arugula – fresh and chopped finely
- Red onions – cut julienne or you could use whole rings.
- Tomato paste – I like this better but you can swap for tomato sauce if you don’t have paste. Just skip diluting it with water.
How to make hummus pizza from scratch?
- Roll out the crust as thin or thick as you like. We love crispy crust so we spread ours very thin.
- Mix the hummus ingredients in a food processor then spread hummus on the pizza.
- Drizzle with tomato paste or sauce. Add feta cheese, arugula and onions.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Add more feta and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve simple or with arugula salad on a side to make this a more filling meal.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Hummus pizza with feta and arugula
- 14 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon cumin or caraway seeds
- Thin pizza crust
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1 handful of chopped dill
- 1/2 cup arugula chopped
- 1 red onion cut julienne
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- Use a food processor to make a paste out of chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic.
- Add cumin or caraway seeds. You can also add some tahini if you like.
- Season to taste and add a little water to get it to a spreadable consistency if needed.
- Preheat oven to 395 F
- Spread the humus on the pizza crust.
- Mix tomato paste with 6 tablespoons water and spread over the hummus.
- Sprinkle feta cheese, dill, arugula and onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle some more feta cheese
- Bake for 5 more minutes. Serve warm, with arugula salad on a side.
Most popular recipes:
- French cream puffs
- Spiced herb roasted sweet potato wedges
- Buttermilk fried chicken
- 6 Ingredients taco soup