Do you guys deal with a picky eater? I bet you hate it as much as I do! My daughter is pretty unpredictable when it comes to food, sometimes she likes certain food only to refuse to even look at it the very next day. I’m never able to make a routine and each meal is a puzzle, breakfast in particular. In the morning she’s quite grumpy and even if she loves her breakfast she’ll say she hates it. I need a distraction to make her eat breakfast and usually that is her favorite cartoons.
But she loves Star Wars, just like her daddy and lucky for us, there are now Star Wars cereal boxes in a limited edition, available in major retailers and grocery stores beginning June 1st. You can get these boxes for the next few months only and then new packages and characters will be released while the cereal flavor will remain the same.
Remember the days when as kids we sat down and all we needed was the box to keep us entertained during breakfast? Star Wars Cereal does just that. Star Wars Cereal is a delicious fruity flavored cereal with marshmallows. There is only one kind of cereal, but there are currently two limited edition package designs that you can choose from. It contains whole grains, no high fructose corn syrup and is a good source of calcium and vitamin D.
Star Wars cerealfeatures marshmallows in 6 fun shapes:
- Yoda (green)
- R2-D2 (blue and white)
- Jedi Fighter (pink/red)
- Stormtrooper (white)
- Lightsaber (blue)
- Lightsaber (red)
The corn pieces are in 3 equally fun shapes:
- TIE Fighter
- X-Wing Starfighter
- Millenium Falcon
The Yoda Package has a quiz on the back of the package for kids to test their Star Wars knowledge while the Darth Vader Package has a board game on the back of the package so they can play as they enjoy their delicious cereal.
And what works best with a box of Star Wars cereal? Watching Star Wars movies! Even better, what’s the perfect match to a movie? Popcorn! Death Star popcorn balls to be more specific. Below is the recipe for the Death Star popcorn balls we’ll be enjoying and I hope you will too.
Please share your story of when you were introduced to Star Wars and how you plan to introduce your kids too. Also which side of The Force are you and your kids on?
Death Star popcorn balls recipe
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Death Star popcorn balls recipe
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 280 g = 10 oz white marshmallows
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups colorful marshmallows
- Melt butter over low heat
- Stir in the white marshmallows until fully melted
- Add colorful marshmallows and stir to coat (you'll want bits of these to pop up in your popcorn balls)
- Pour everything over the popped popcorn and stir to coat
- Spray hands with cooking oil and form balls
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- When cooled transfer to fridge and store in an airtight container
Latest posts by Petro (see all)
- Reusable Snack Bag Sewing Tutorial - June 20, 2019
- 35 Easy crafts for kids to keep them entertained all summer long - June 18, 2019
- Sparkling Lemon Berry Iced Tea - June 17, 2019