Get your home ready for Halloween! Whip up a bunch of easy and fun Halloween decorations in just minutes with this DIY Halloween Spider tutorial.
DIY Halloween Spider
It’s not Halloween without a few spiders here and there and what better way to transform your house for the holidays than an easy and quick DIY Halloween Spider tutorial. A great way for kids to get involved into decorating and also a good opportunity to recycle some toilet paper tubes. Save up a few of those, cut some legs, add some paint and googly eyes and your spiders are ready in no time!
You could use this DIY Halloween spider tutorial to make spiders for inside or hang some on your front door to greet your trick-or-treaters! Both frightening and exciting! And kids will love making these spiders! Transforming your home into a hunted house just got easier with this DIY Halloween spider tutorial!
DIY Halloween Spider Tutorial
- toilet paper tubes
- craft scissors
- pen or pencil
- toilet paper to stuff your spiders
- flat black acrylic paint (I used a spray; or use regular paint for kids)
- Googly eyes
- Measure about 1″ from the edge of the toilet paper tube and mark all around.
- From this mark, measure about 1/2″ segments, all around the paper tube, then draw lines to the other end of your tube.
- Cut these segments and keep only 8 (4 on one side, 4 on the other). These are the spider’s legs.
- Bend the segments to resemble spider legs.
- Crumple some toilet paper and fill the tube (this will be the body)
- Paint in black and leave to completely dry.
- Glue some googly eyes on.
- Spread your spiders all around the house or hang on your front door.
10 Minutes Halloween wreath
Halloween Bats from toilet paper tubes
Halloween spider web from wire