Need ideas for a fun and super frugal DIY home decor project to get your house pretty in fall? Here’s a no carve DIY Pumpkin home decor, made out of old t-shirts and outgrown clothing.
DIY Pumpkin Home Decor
Go beyond the jack-o-lantern this year with a creative way to use pumpkins in your fall decor. You won’t have to master pumpkin carving to make these cute, easy and super quick pumpkins. All you need is a couple of old t-shirts and some other clothing items you don’t use anymore.
I had this orange t-shirt I never really liked and I most likely purchased without even thinking what I’m throwing in my shopping cart. I thought about refashioning it into a new t-shirt or a dress for my little girl. But the ideas seem a bit too complicated for the mood I’m in right now (and that would be lazy; no reason to hide behind fingers, I know it and you know it!).
And since it’s fall and Halloween is approaching pretty fast I thought why not making some DIY pumpkin home decor out of this t-shirt. I also found a blue t-shirt which is not fitting too well now and added that into the project too. There’s also a bunch of clothing from the days my daughter was only a couple years old so I gave those a nice purpose with this project.
I’m pretty happy with the result; after only 10 minutes I got myself a nice fall home decor or a centerpiece that did not cost me a penny! How cool and frugal is that?
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- old orange t-shirt
- old blue t-shirt (or other color you have in hand)
- brown yarn for the stem
- round objects to draw circles on the t-shirts
- fabric marker (that will disappear from fabric within minutes)
- Get the orange t-shirt and something round; place it on the t-shirt and draw a circle
- Get some old clothing items and place them in the center of your circle
- Gather the edges of your circle, arranging the clothing inside as even as possible (no problem if they’re not even, real pumpkins are not perfectly shaped either)
- Get some twine and wrap around the “stem” to close the “pumpkin”
- Wrap some brown yarn around the stem
- Make as many as you like, in the colors you like. I thought a couple of small blue “pumpkins” will be a nice addition.
- Place on your mantel or use as centerpiece on your Halloween table
Hope you liked my DIY pumpkin home decor idea. If you decide to make your own I’d love to see photos.