Make a fun and adorable pumpkin this fall with this 15 minutes no sew fabric pumpkins tutorial. No special skills needed and it’s a great fall craft to make with kids!
No Sew Fabric Pumpkins
These lovely no sew fabric pumpkins are a little upgrade from the fabric pumpkins I made last year but they are just as easy and fun as those! Do you have some old shirts or pants cluttering your home? Don’t throw them just yet, put them to good use with this easy fabric pumpkins tutorial.
Great project for fall to work on with kids, these adorable no sew fabric pumpkins are also a nice gift idea for family and friends or a wonderful last minute Halloween or even a Thanksgiving decoration or centerpiece.
These no sew fabric pumpkins are easy, fun and totally inexpensive and an awesome way to recycle old clothes. Cute and festive, this fabric pumpkins tutorial will only take about 15 minutes to make and it’s insanely simple to put together, one of the easiest decorations you’ll make this fall.
So if you love fall and are short on time but still want your home to get all that festive feeling, make these no sew fabric pumpkins! Stunning in all kinds of fabric, from knit to cotton or burlap!
No Sew Fabric Pumpkins Tutorial
- sleeves from old long sleeved shirts or legs from old pants (I used knit and soft cotton but I totally see these rocking in burlap! if you like the burlap look you could use small burlap sacks)
- jute twine
- rubber bands
- polyfill/cotton/cotton balls/old clothes (polyfill will be easier to handle when fluffing and shaping the pumpkins; I used cotton balls as I had plenty left from the Fluffy Halloween Ghosts project)
- Cut a section of the shirt sleeve or the leg from pants so that it is straight on both ends. One end will be wider than the other and that is just fine; use the wider end as the bottom of your pumpkin)
- Cut 5-6 lengths of twine, a little longer than the sleeve section. I cut 5 for the small pumpkins and 6 for the big one.
- Turn the sleeve inside out.
- Tie the twine strands together then insert through the sleeve so that the tied ends are sticking out from the wider end.
- Gather up the sleeve and secure with twine.
- Turn sleeve right side out.
- Fill with polyfill/cotton/cotton balls etc
- Gather up the sleeve at the open end and secure with a rubber band,
- Slide each of the twine strands through the rubber band.
- Begin pulling each lose end of the twine strands until you reach the desired puffiness in your pumpkin section.
- Tie the twine to the rubber band.
- Repeat for all strands.
- Wrap the lose strands around the excess fabric to create the stem. Use some more twine until the whole stem is nicely covered in twine.
- Adjust your pumpkin sections and make it take shape.
- Display your beautiful pumpkins all around the house! I think mine look best next to the picture of my gorgeous daughter!
DIY Wine Cork Pumpkins
Applique Pumpkin Fabric Coasters Sewing Tutorial
Simple Fabric and Yarn Pumpkins Tutorial
Looking for more holiday crafts ideas? Check out this great fall collection that will spruce up your space and help you celebrate fall with a bang!