This easy cheese pie recipe is a super simple yet extremely savory dessert and an unique delicacy! No special skills required, beginners will enjoy making it!
Cheese Pie Bars
Who doesn’t love cheese pie? This super easy cheese pie recipe is probably the most common dessert on our table. For the past 2 months or so it has been a regular and my hips are the living proof lol Every Saturday the smell of freshly baked pie is spreading around the house (and I have a hunch other houses too), making us all drooling like puppies.
I love the vanilla and yogurt addition, ingredients that give a personal touch to our cheese pie recipe. The yogurt and lemon zest combination also make this easy cheese pie recipe taste light and fresh and contribute to its softness as well.
Sometimes mom makes her own pastry sheets but it’s a bit time consuming and the pastry is not as soft as the store bought. Best if you use filo pastry as we did. Ready to learn how to make cheese pie with filo pastry? Here’s the recipe!
Cheese Pie Recipe
- 17 oz cottage cheese
- 5 medium eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- pastry sheets (filo is best)
- Thaw the filo pastry sheets.
- Spread them on the table or a kitchen board.
- Mix cheese with 4 eggs, 5 tablespoons sugar, vanilla sugar, pinch of salt and lemon zest.
- Grease a medium deep baking dish with a little oil and place three filo sheets on, one by one and each brushed with a little oil.
- Spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat until all cheese mixture is done
- Beat 1 egg with 2 tablespoons yogurt and a teaspoon of sugar and spread over the top.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake in the middle for 40 minutes on medium heat.
- Note: Add raisins, walnuts or both into composition if you prefer.
- Serve the cheese pie as is or add powdered sugar, fruit jam or fresh fruit.