Quickly pull together a speedy meal, yet fancy enough to serve to company with this delicious recipe for baked lemon butter fish with garlic!
Lemon Fish Recipe
This simple but delicious lemon butter fish is perfect for busy people! A nice mid-week meal, this lemony fish recipe gets its special flavor from lemon juice, mint, garlic, fresh thyme and chopped parsley. This lemon butter fish recipe is soooo tasty, even non fish fans will appreciate it!
I am not a fish person but my daughter LOVES it! But I can’t stand the smell of fish, in my plate or around the house! So I needed a savory recipe, full of rich flavors, able to cover that part really well. This lemon butter fish was just the perfect choice!
To cover the smell thoroughly in my lemon butter baked fish, I brushed the fish with a mixture of lemon juice and salt (I skipped pepper because of my daughter), then I brushed olive oil and sprinkled dry mint. Then I kept the fish in the fridge for 4 hours before baking. If you skip this part the recipe takes you about 20 minutes to make, from start to finish.
For my lemon butter fish I used catfish but this could be applied to other fish too. You’ll probably need to adjust the baking time though.
Lemon Butter Fish
- 2 large fish fillets with skin
- juice from half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced plus more for greasing the baking dish
- zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- half a lemon, sliced
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
You will also need:
Watch an ad free version of the video on my Facebook page!
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F = 220 C.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Place fish in the dish, skin side down.
- Mix lemon juice with salt and pepper.
- Brush fish with the lemon mixture.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle dry mint then transfer the dish to the fridge for 4 hours (you can skip this step if the smell of fish doesn’t bother you as much)
- Remove dish from the fridge and pour the remaining oil over the fish.
- Add butter.
- Add lemon zest.
- Add garlic.
- Pour the remaining lemon juice over the fish.
- Place the sliced lemon over the fish.
- Add fresh thyme.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh parsley then serve.