Lemon Fish Recipe
This simple but delicious lemon garlic butter fish is perfect for busy people! A nice mid-week meal, this lemon butter fish baked gets its special flavor from lemon juice, mint, garlic, fresh thyme and chopped parsley. This lemon butter fish is soooo tasty, even non fish fans will appreciate it!
Need more fish recipes?
- Baked fish in honey mustard sauce
- Fish in foil with vegetables
- Lemon herb salmon with couscous
- Tuna onion salad
I am not a fish person but my daughter LOVES it! But I can’t stand the smell of fish, in my plate or around the house! So I needed a savory recipe, full of rich flavors, able to cover that part really well. This lemon garlic butter fish was just the perfect choice!
When making my lemon butter baked fish I wanted to cover the fish smell thoroughly so I brushed this lemon garlic butter fish with a mixture of lemon juice and salt (I skipped pepper because of my daughter but I recommend using it), then I brushed some olive oil and sprinkled dry mint. Then I kept my garlic butter fish in the fridge for 4 hours before baking. If you skip this part the recipe takes you about 20 minutes to make, from start to finish but it won’t be as savory as the flavors won’t have time to mix up and saturate the fish.
For my lemon butter fish recipe I used catfish but this could be applied to other fish too. You’ll probably need to adjust the baking time though so make sure you keep an eye on your lemon garlic fish while baking.
Lemon garlic butter fish
- 2 large fish fillets with skin
- juice from half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced plus more for greasing the baking dish
- zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- half a lemon, sliced
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
You will also need:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Place fish in the dish, skin side down.
- Mix lemon juice with salt and pepper.
- Brush fish with the lemon mixture.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle dry mint then transfer the dish to the fridge for 4 hours (you can skip this step if the smell of fish doesn’t bother you as much)
- Remove dish from the fridge and pour the remaining oil over the fish.
- Add butter.
- Sprinkle lemon zest.
- Add garlic.
- Pour the remaining lemon juice over the fish.
- Place the sliced lemon over the fish.
- Add fresh thyme.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh parsley then serve.
Print the recipe
Pin to save for later
Most Popular Recipes: