- 26 oz ground beef meat
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dry thyme
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
You will also need:
- large mixing bowl
- bamboo spatula
- non stick skillet
- sharp knife
- small bowl
- rolling pin
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- perforated spatula
Classes I love:
20 Essential Cooking Techniques (w/ Brendan McDermott)
Cooking Essentials: All About Beef (w/Raquel Pelzel)
Cooking Mistakes: What Can Go Wrong and How To Make it Right (w/Joel Gamoran)
On the Rise: Bun & Roll Techniques
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with baking paper.
- Pre heat oven at 420 F.
- In a large bowl, mix meat, garlic, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley, using a bamboo spatula
- In a non stick skillet, heat the vegetable oil and saute onions until slightly glassy.
- Add meat mixture and cook until brown. Leave to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat egg well and then add to the cooled meat and mix well.
- Open the puff pastry sheets and lightly roll out.
- Spread meat evenly on both sheets, skipping about 1″ at the bottom of each sheet.
- Add shredded cheese then roll up as tight as you can (without pressing too much though).
- Keep in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Take the rolls and slice using a sharp knife.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix smashed garlic, olive oil and chopped parsley.
- Using a brush, spread over the rolls.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes or until the mince pinwheels are golden.