These orange pinwheels are super easy and quick to prepare and bake, you’ll want to make them every Sunday! Delicious and adorable, these orange pinwheel cookies won’t last long!
After making this orange lemon marmalade, I decided I’ll be using this tasty goodness in a lot of recipes this spring and summer! And these orange pinwheels are super fit for the warm days!
A bit sweet, a bit sour, with a very fresh taste, these easy pinwheel cookies will become your go to dessert this summer. Insanely easy to put together and super quick to bake too, these orange pinwheels are perfect for a quick dessert idea on lazy weekends with the family or as a last minute dessert for all kind of occasions like parties, barbecues and potlucks.
These puff pastry rolls are not only quick & easy but fun to make too and pretty much foolproof. Super flaky and a little crispy on the outside, these tasty orange pinwheels are moist and fresh on the inside, thanks to the orange lemon marmalade. And the best part is, you only need three ingredients! That’s right, just 3: orange marmalade, raisins (totally optional) and puff pastry. Can it get easier than that?
- orange lemon marmalade (get the recipe here)
- puff pastry sheets
You will also need:
- microwave resistant bowl
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- sharp knife
- Thaw puff pastry as instructed on the package.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Place marmalade in a microwave resistant bowl and heat up for a minute. This will make the marmalade easier to spread over the puff pastry.
- Place some baking paper on a working surface.
- Roll out the pastry on the baking paper and spread marmalade to cover the pastry evenly. Use as much marmalade as you like. I spread a thin layer.
- Sprinkle a few raisins
- Roll the pastry, grab the baking paper from the sides and transfer to the freezer for an hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 F
- Return the pastry to the working surface and cut into rounds, using a sharp knife.
- Spread the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are golden in color.
- Serve warm or cold, these orange pinwheels taste just as great either way!