Make your own natural disinfectant for home with safe, non-toxic, inexpensive household products! Get your house as clean and disinfected as you would with store bought products with this simple lemon disinfectant!
This natural disinfectant is one of my best buddies, always on hand and totally reliable! My house is nowhere as clean as I would love it to be or as one might be thinking it truly is (I do project myself as a cleaning freak but truth is, I’m a total mess! I’m just very good at pretending lol).
I barely have time to clean my house properly (and to me that means deep cleaning the heck out of every nook and cranny!). I normally do an extensive clean up once a week and a deep clean once a month, but I totally rely on the touch ups I do here and there using my homemade natural disinfectant, whenever I spot something that doesn’t seem quite clean.
I love using this home disinfectant to remove germs and bacteria, every time I finish using my kitchen counter. I also use my handy dandy homemade disinfectant spray to clean my cutting boards (which smell super yuk especially after cutting meat, fish, onions and garlic). This natural disinfectant spray is an awesome help in the bathroom too, for sinks and tubs and even in the fridge to help eliminate odors. I sweat to you, my natural disinfectant is such an amazing product and it only takes minutes to make so I’m never out of it!
And it’s so convenient! My natural disinfectant uses household ingredients I always have in the house and chances are you do too, it’s affordable, inexpensive and non-toxic, making this lemon disinfectant a much better choice for the environment than the store bought products. I love adding lemon essential oils for extra cleaning strength and for that wonderful scent. It’s just so beautiful and fresh!
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 drops lemon essential oil for extra strength (I use Young Living oils because these are powerful and created to work perfectly with our bodies; and also Young Living is a super trusted source!)
- Mix vinegar, baking soda and hot water in a small bucket.
- Squeeze in the juice from a lemon then drop the rind in too.
- Stir well to dissolve the baking soda and allow to cool.
- Strain through a fine sieve and remove the lemon rind.
- Add the essential oils.
- Transfer to a spray bottle.
Pin to save for later
GET MORE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Similar posts you might like
Most popular DIY
Latest posts by Petro (see all)
- Reusable Snack Bag Sewing Tutorial - June 20, 2019
- 35 Easy crafts for kids to keep them entertained all summer long - June 18, 2019
- Sparkling Lemon Berry Iced Tea - June 17, 2019