Need a delicious, refreshing, bitter sweet snack, perfect for hot Summer days? Make this Raspberry Greek yogurt ice cream recipe!
Raspberry Greek yogurt ice cream recipe
When it’s hot out there and all you do is sweat and sweat and sweat until you feel completely blah, don’t you feel like cooling down with a delicious, refreshing raspberry Greek yogurt ice cream recipe?
I am a big ice cream fan especially at summer time, I would be able to live on ice cream basically but the problem is I hate the store bought ice cream as it leaves a funny taste on my taste buds. And I bet it’s all because of the artificial ingredients. I tried to read the labels on some and could not understand any of the ingredients except for sugar. Lots of it!
And since my little girl is also big ice cream fan I thought I should make some but with healthier ingredients. And why not score big and make a super refreshing ice cream using raspberries? And if we got to this point why not add some more nutritious ingredients like Greek yogurt?
Done and done! This raspberry Greek yogurt ice cream recipe helps us cool down and feel refreshed when the temperatures get unbearable. An ice cream that also counts as a snack thanks to the Greek yogurt addition. Sprinkle some almond flakes and you’ve got yourself the perfect snack for hot summer days.
Raspberry Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Recipe
- 18 oz raspberries
- 7 oz powdered sugar
- 18 oz Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Mix raspberries with sugar
- Boil until soft and sugar has melted
- Put the mixture into a bender and make a puree
- Filter the raspberries seeds out
- Boil the seedless mixture until 1/3 of the initial quantity
- Add lemon juice
- Leave it aside until cold enough to add the yogurt (or place the saucepan into a bowl with cold water to speed up the process)
- Mix in the Greek yogurt and blend well
- Transfer to a deep freezer
- Blend the ice cream every 20-30 min for the first 2 hrs to avoid ice flakes formation
- Leave in the freezer for a few hours (or overnight)
- Optional: add fresh fruit, almonds flakes and yogurt when serving.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade raspberry Greek yogurt ice cream!