Delicious and baked to perfection, this hearty squash turkey bake recipe is the perfect weeknight meal! Super easy to make, healthy and satisfying!
Squash Turkey Bake
It’s official; I’m in love with butternut squash! Nothing says fall to me better than a hearty butternut dish, just like this super yummy squash turkey bake recipe!
It may not look like much but this squash turkey bake is quite impressive! Loaded with delicious butternut squash that ads the perfect sweetness to this dish, turkey breast and loads of vegetables, this is not only a perfect weeknight meal but works just as great as a potluck dish or a Thanksgiving day lunch.
I added some lime juice because I just love how the flavors are enhanced with this simple addition! This recipe was really, really good, filling, satisfying and pretty healthy. Wanna make it even healthier? Just skip adding the cheese; as simple as that!
Have a lot of turkey leftovers when Thanksgiving is done? (well, who doesn’t?) No worries, use them up in this recipe. Just bake the veggie first and add the turkey when almost done so you don’t end up with overcooked (read burnt) turkey. This squash turkey bake is sure to please your family!
Butternut Turkey Bake Recipe
- medium squash
- 1 lbs turkey breast
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 small onions
- one large red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- juice from 1 lime plus more for serving
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups provolone cheese
You will also need:
- Pre heat the oven at 430 F
- Peel and cut squash as here.
- Cook squash in the microwave on high until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, dice turkey breast and cook in a skillet in 1 tbsp oil, until slightly golden on both sides.
- Add water, salt, pepper and thyme and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Chop the other veggies and cut onions julienne.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and saute onions until glassy.
- Add peppers, zucchini, peas and cook until slightly roasted.
- Add squash, 1/2 the lime juice and garlic and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring.
- Spray a baking dish or line with baking paper. Transfer veggies to baking dish.
- Add turkey and mix.
- Add juice from 1/2 lime.
- Cover in cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melting.
- Enjoy your delicious squash turkey bake!
Most Popular Recipes