Valentine’s Day Pillows
- 16” x 16” white pillow cover
- Heavy weight paper
- Turquoise craft or fabric paint
- Red craft and fabric paint
- Letter stickers
- Medium sized paint brush
- Black permanent marker
- Lay out your pillow cover and make sure it does not have any significant wrinkles (If it does, you need to iron it.)
- Then use the heavyweight paper to make a heart that is about 10 ½ inches at the widest point and about 8” from the bottom tip to the top of the heart. Keep the outside to use as a stencil later.
- Place the heart in the center of the pillow cover and lightly trace around it with a pencil.
- Remove the paper heart and use the letter stickers to spell out “Love Is All We Need” inside the outline of the heart as shown. (Leave room on the top right side where another heart will go.
- Put the paper heart back on the pillow cover, and use the paintbrush to make brush strokes coming out from the heart to the edge of the pillow. By using a dry brush, only a sparse amount of paint is applied. Use your fingers to hold the paper heart in place as you paint. Let this dry.
- Cut a small heart from the paper approx 3” x 3” and place it in the top right side of the heart. And then keep the cut out to use as a stencil later.
- Use the heart template to cover the turquoise paint on the pillow exposing the inside of the heart.
- Being extra careful to keep the papers and the stickers in place, use the paint brush to apply strokes of red paint to fill in the heart. Let this dry.
- Use the heart stencil from step 6 to paint in the small heart using the turquoise paint. Let dry.
- Remove the letter stickers and use the black marker to fill in the letters.
- Use the marker to draw the couple’s initials in the small heart.
- Put the pillow cover over the pillow insert.
Enjoy your beautiful Valentine’s day pillows!
Similar posts you might like
Most popular craft
Pages: 1 2