Valentine’s Day Wreath
- polystyrene (or Styrofoam circle)
- Burlap fabric
- Tulle fabric
- Red Fleece
- White fleece
- Pink satin
- Red and white thread
- 1 large and 1 medium plate or bowl
- Cutting tool
- Start by placing the large bowl or plate on the polystyrene and cut all the way around with a razor knife.
- On the resulting circle, place the medium bowl and cut all the way around.
- Take your burlap fabric and fold it in 4 to form a long strip of fabric. You may need to use 2 strips.
- Pin one end to the back of your polystyrene circle and start wrapping the fabric around the circle. When done, pin into place.
- Cut 6 hearts from the red and 6 from the white fleece for the back and front of the hearts (so you’ll have 3 red and 3 white hearts); fill with fabric scraps or polyfill and stitch the edges by hand, using contrast thread (red for the white hearts, white for the red hearts).
- Make the fabric flowers. Cut 2 circles from the pink satin and stitch all the way around the edges of each then gather to the center and stitch to the back. Stitch a button in the center where the raw edges gather.
- Take the tulle and randomly gather it on the lower left hand side of the wreath, pinning into place as you go. Gather in small batches. Leave a longer strip not gathered at the base to just hang.
- Place 5 of the hearts wherever you want them, over the gathered tulle and pin
- Pin the extra heart and the 2 satin flowers to the opposite side.
- Make a large loop from the ribbon, to hang on a wall or your front door.
Similar posts you might like
Most popular craft
Pages: 1 2