Looking for a simple but elegant cake for a celebration? This delicious vanilla tiramisu recipe is super easy and comes together real quick!
Vanilla Tiramisu Recipe
Put a twist on the classic Italian tiramisu with this easy but delicious vanilla tiramisu recipe! This cake is not only super easy to make as it uses lady fingers and pudding powder but it also looks elegant and scrumptious, making it the perfect dessert for any celebration!
This vanilla tiramisu recipe is one of our favorites as it’s light and fluff, lower in calories and so quick to make, great for a last minute dessert in case you’re entertaining this season. This cake has a little something for the chocolate lovers too but it’s definitely the ideal indulgence for all lovers of coffee out there!
The vanilla tiramisu recipe is a great make ahead as it tastes better the longer it sits. It becomes more moist, sweet and refreshing and it literally melts in your mouth! Just divine! And for those who don’t really enjoy cheese in their desserts, rest assure, this recipe is perfect for you too. This is a mock version of the classic tiramisu and it doesn’t use cream cheese or mascarpone cheese, just vanilla pudding and whipped cream.
I chose to make my vanilla tiramisu recipe in a round cake pan with a removable bottom which made my cake not only more festive but easier to put together. But feel free to choose whatever cake pan you have, especially if you don’t plan to make the cake for a celebration but just as an every day dessert.
Vanilla Tiramisu Recipe
- 34 ladyfingers (use more or less as needed; cut to fit where necessary)
- 1 pouch vanilla powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 17 oz = 500 ml milk (to make the vanilla pudding)
- 4 cups coffee made with instant coffee (I made my coffee pretty light, feel free to adjust according to your taste)
- 2 cups whipped cream
For the whipped cream:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
You will also need:
- 9″ round cake pan with removable bottom
- medium saucepan
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- sharp knife
- icing sugar
- cocoa powder
- chocolate flakes
- Make the whipped cream. Place the sugar into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Keep refrigerated until used.
- Take a round cake pan with removable bottom and carefully arrange ladyfingers all around the sides and then on the bottom (using a sharp knife, cut some of the ladyfingers in small pieces to fit).
- Using a tablespoon, add coffee over the ladyfingers at the bottom only, until slightly moist (don’t pour too much coffee!)
- Make the vanilla pudding as instructed on the package.
- Pour a little over the ladyfingers bed at the bottom of the cake pan.
- Immediately add another layer of ladyfingers, coffee and vanilla pudding.
- Continue until you finish the ladyfingers.
- Now it’s time to pour some coffee over the ladyfingers around the sides. Again, don’t pour too much coffee, a little goes a log way!
- End with a generous layer of whipped cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder, icing sugar and sprinkle chocolate flakes, as desired.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours. Tastes better the longer it sits.
- Remove the sides of the cake pan when ready to serve.