This post is sponsored by General Mills, however all opinions and the recipe are 100% my own.
Gooseberry Almond bars recipe, Printable coupons and a $15 PayPal giveaway
Going through our morning routine is always, with no exception a tough deed. Between taking care of kids’ morning grumpiness, getting them ready for school and making breakfast we’re pretty much left with no time to have breakfast ourselves. In my book this is a big no, no! I can’t go through a busy day (aka every single day) without a healthy, nutritious breakfast or by 11AM I’m all drained and dizzy. Obviously I can’t be productive either when my head is spinning around.
With the help of General Mills I now have a great solution to our problem, very handy, healthy and delicious. I’ve put together an amazing Gooseberry almond bars recipe, using the new Cheerios + Ancient Grains, a grab and go breakfast for all you busy families out there.
Gooseberry Almond bars recipe
If you love a crunchy breakfast that’s also healthy and gives you plenty of energy while tasting just like a piece of heaven, these gooseberry almond bars are perfect for you. They’re fast and easy, it literally takes 10 minutes to make and you probably have everything you need for them in your pantry right now.
Make a big batch and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Pair with your morning coffee or tea or give a glass of milk to your kids and you’re all ready to face the challenges of a new busy day.
- 3 cups Cheerios+Ancient Grains
- 3 cups Original Cheerios (for added crunchiness)
- 1/2 dried gooseberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter (make sure you use the recommended quantity or your bars will get soft. I don't particularly enjoy peanut butter and so I used only 1/2; the results weren't as expected)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a rimmed 12x16 inch baking tray/sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Toss together the Cheerios, dried cherries, gooseberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds, in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, mix honey and sugar on a medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
- Lower the heat and continue boiling for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until the peanut butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the Cheerios mixture and stir until it's evenly combined. Spread the mixture on the baking tray and press it down.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper, and use a small rolling pin to press the bars down for a more compact layer.
- Refrigerate the bars until firm, minimum two hours, or transfer to a freezer for 40 minutes and then cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Freeze well for up to 2 months.
Printable coupons and a $15 PayPal giveaway
General Mills is coming out now with a few new products, Cheerios + Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Chex and Nature Valley nut crisp bars, to help you kick start your mornings and keep you satisfied all day long. All products above can be purchased at Publix.
The new version of Cheerios, with quinoa, Kamut wheat and spelt, along with oats is by far our favorite. With only 5 grams of sugar and ancient grains like KAMUT wheat, spelt, and quinoa, Cheerios + Ancient Grains is the perfect breakfast to start your day. The toasted whole grain oats and clusters are lightly sweetened for the perfect taste!
- KAMUT® Wheat=Rich buttery taste
- Spelt=Sweet, Hazelnut taste
- Quinoa=Nutty taste in a crunch oat cluster
Why they’re so good:
- 12 Vitamins & Minerals
- 17g Whole Grain Per Serving
- Low in Fat and Saturated Fat and cholesterol free
- May Reduce Risk of Heart Disease
- Certified by the American Heart Association
There are two promotions going on at the moment so make sure you Print and Save the coupons below, available while supplies last, and take advantage of the in-store promotions at Publix available from 2/5 to 2/11.
- Save 75¢ when you buy ONE BOX Cheerios™ Ancient Grains cereal.
- Save 50¢ on Nature Valley Nut Crisp Bar.
- Buy one get one free on Cheerios Ancient Grains
- Nature Valley Nut Crisp Bars at 2 for $5
$15 PayPal Giveaway
The Seaman Mom is also hosting a $15 to Paypal giveaway so that you can join in the #HeartHealthMonth fun and purchase and experience Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix, and Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars for yourselves!
Go to the campaign recipe pages for recipe inspiration, and comment around what you think of the new products–Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix, and Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars. Then come back here and let me know your thoughts via the commenting box at the bottom of this post. Giveaway ends Feb. 19.