Gooseberry Almond bars recipe
Going through our morning routine is always, with no exception a tough deed. Between taking care of kids’ morning grumpiness, getting them ready for school and making breakfast we’re pretty much left with no time to have breakfast ourselves. In my book this is a big no, no! I can’t go through a busy day (aka every single day) without a healthy, nutritious breakfast or by 11AM I’m all drained and dizzy. Obviously I can’t be productive either when my head is spinning around.
With the help of General Mills I now have a great solution to our problem, very handy, healthy and delicious. I’ve put together an amazing Gooseberry almond bars recipe, using the new Cheerios + Ancient Grains, a grab and go breakfast for all you busy families out there
If you love a crunchy breakfast that’s also healthy and gives you plenty of energy while tasting just like a piece of heaven, these gooseberry almond bars are perfect for you. They’re fast and easy, it literally takes 10 minutes to make and you probably have everything you need for them in your pantry right now.
Make a big batch and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Pair with your morning coffee or tea or give a glass of milk to your kids and you’re all ready to face the challenges of a new busy day.
Dry fruit cereal bars
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Gooseberry and Almond Bars with Cheerios +Ancient Grains
- 3 cups Cheerios+Ancient Grains
- 3 cups Original Cheerios for added crunchiness
- 1/2 dried gooseberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter make sure you use the recommended quantity or your bars will get soft. I don't particularly enjoy peanut butter and so I used only 1/2; the results weren't as expected
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a rimmed 12x16 inch baking tray/sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Toss together the Cheerios, dried cherries, gooseberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds, in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, mix honey and sugar on a medium heat.
- Stir until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
- Lower the heat and continue boiling for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until the peanut butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the Cheerios mixture and stir until it's evenly combined. Spread the mixture on the baking tray and press it down.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper, and use a small rolling pin to press the bars down for a more compact layer.
- Refrigerate the bars until firm, minimum two hours, or transfer to a freezer for 40 minutes and then cut into bars.
Freeze well for up to 2 months.
Latest posts by Petro (see all)
- Reusable Snack Bag Sewing Tutorial - June 20, 2019
- 35 Easy crafts for kids to keep them entertained all summer long - June 18, 2019
- Sparkling Lemon Berry Iced Tea - June 17, 2019