Make this yummylicious and easy breakfast croissant recipe for a fun and tasty breakfast idea! Filled with bananas, cinnamon and coconut flakes these homemade croissants make a nutritious breakfast that everyone will enjoy!
Puff Pastry Croissant
If you’ve been on the lookout for a super quick but tasty breakfast idea look no further! This breakfast croissant recipe is perfect for those crazy mornings when breakfast is the last thing on your mind! Super quick to put together and bake this banana croissant idea is not only incredibly yummy but filling and nutritious too. A great way to start your day!
If you love banana pastry recipes this will become your go to recipe! This breakfast croissant is made with puff pastry which you can thaw in the fridge over night and have it ready in the morning. It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare and bakes in about 15-20 so you’ll have a fresh warm breakfast on the table in no time.
This breakfast croissant tastes amazing, I love the banana cinnamon coconut combination! So much wonderful flavor with every single bite! You’ll be hooked and develop an addiction from the very first bite! But rest assured you won’t be able to over indulge! These homemade croissants are so filling, you’ll feel full pretty quickly and your energy levels will be up for hours!
If you have too many bananas or over ripe bananas, this banana croissant is a wonderful way to use up some of those instead of wasting such great food!
- 3-4 ripe bananas, medium
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- optional – icing sugar for dusting
You will also need:
- 2 small bowls
- rolling pin
- pastry or pizza wheel
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- Pre heat the oven to 395 F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Peel and cut bananas into rounds.
- In a bowl mix sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Roll out pastry on a working surface keeping the wrapping on while working with the pastry.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the pastry until half thin.
- Grab a pizza or pastry wheel and cut the pastry sheet in half.
- Cut out triangles in each of these halves using your pizza wheel.
- Take a triangle and place it on the working surface. Roll the banana rounds in cinnamon sugar, then place 2-3 rounds at the bottom of the triangle. Sprinkle coconut flakes then roll up the pastry into a croissant.
- Repeat for all triangles. Don’t worry if you end up with small pieces of pastry! Just continue rolling those into mini croissants they’ll taste just as amazing!
- Place the croissants into the lined baking sheet. Don’t over crowd them they’ll need space to puff.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the croissants are golden in color.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Dust with icing sugar – optional (I chose not to since my bananas were super sweet)
- Enjoy your breakfast croissant warm, with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee!
Pin To Save For Later
GET MORE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Similar Posts You Might Like
More banana desserts:
- Picnic banana pudding
- Traditional banana split
- Banana pudding pancakes
- Peanut butter Nutella Banana sandwich
Most Popular recipes