This delicious recipe for cranberry chicken thighs is a cozy, simple dinner idea that’s perfect for cool nights! These juicy oven roasted chicken thighs with tart cranberries are healthy and perfect for holidays too!
Roasted chicken thighs recipe
Cranberries aren’t just for the holidays! They also make a great addition to your weeknight dinner! In this delicious recipe for cranberry chicken thighs, the tart cranberries are the perfect accompaniment to the delicious garlic glaze on top. After trying these amazing garlic chicken thighs, you’ll want to include cranberries in all your meals!
Other chicken recipes you will love:
- Apple chicken breast with onions & prosciutto
- Slow cooker orange chicken
- Lemon chicken orzo salad
- Skillet chicken with sour cream and mushrooms
- Orange chicken drums
- Bacon wrapped chicken tenders
Fresh, Frozen or Dried Cranberries?
For best results, I suggest using fresh cranberries in this easy cranberry chicken recipe. But finding fresh cranberries isn’t always easy! If you need to use frozen or dried cranberries in place of fresh cranberries, you’ll also need to make a few adjustments to the recipe. Here are some tips for making this dish with frozen or dried cranberries:
- Frozen cranberries: If you plan to use frozen cranberries instead of fresh cranberries, it’s best to allow the cranberries to thaw slightly before placing them in the dish with the chicken. If you cook the cranberries frozen, they may not cook through, and you’ll end up with cold cranberries in your dish. To thaw your cranberries, simply allow them to rest on the counter while you prep the recipe. That will give the cranberries a little time to soften before you start cooking them.
- Dried cranberries: Since dried cranberries are smaller and sweeter than fresh cranberries, there are a couple alterations you’ll need to make to accommodate them in this recipe. First, use ¼ cup of dried cranberries instead of ½ cup as the recipe states. It’s also important to skip adding brown sugar to the cranberries before placing them in the pan with the chicken.
When to Cook Cranberry Chicken Thighs
The most amazing thing about this recipe is that it’s simple enough for a weeknight dinner, but delicious enough for a holiday get-together. That means you can enjoy this easy meal at any time! It’s a great way to serve a healthy meal to your family during the week. But it also makes a wonderful turkey substitute during Thanksgiving or Christmas – especially for guests who aren’t fan of the traditional holiday main dish.
Reasons to Make Cranberry Chicken Thighs
On top of being delicious, these easy oven roasted chicken thighs are also a very healthy dinner option! Here are a few other reasons you should make these chicken thighs tonight:
- They’re naturally sweetened with cranberries and honey
- They’re packed with savory fresh herbs
- They contain healthy unsaturated fats
- You can make them in one pan, which means easy cleanup!
Do I have you convinced? Here’s how to make these delicious thighs!
Cranberry chicken thighs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
You’ll need olive oil, honey, lemon zest, sage, thyme, garlic, chicken thighs (boneless or bone-in), fresh cranberries and brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, lemon zest, sage, thyme, and garlic. Set aside.
Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish and brush the thighs with the olive oil mixture.
In a small bowl, toss the cranberries in the brown sugar.
Pour mixture over the top of the chicken thighs.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
Print the recipe
Cranberry chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken thighs boneless or bone-in
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- small bowl
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, lemon zest, sage, thyme, and garlic. Set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish and brush the thighs with the olive oil mixture.
- In a small bowl, toss the cranberries in the brown sugar. Pour mixture over the top of the chicken thighs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.