This apple chicken recipe is a delicious and fancy dinner perfect to make when you want to wow your guests! Easy and fairly quick to make, the combination of flavors in this apple chicken breast will be a total favorite!
Chicken and apple recipe
Let me get something out of the way: this apple chicken recipe is the best you’ll ever make! Period! I’m not exaggerating even one bit when I say this is the type of recipe you’ll expect to find at a high-end restaurant, except that is made in your kitchen.
Other chicken recipes you’ll love:
- Pineapple BBQ chicken
- Oven roasted cranberry chicken thighs
- Lemon chicken orzo salad
- Baked orange chicken drums
- Bacon wrapped chicken tenders
- Lemon chicken skewers
Reasons why this rosemary apple chicken is the best:
- It’s so juicy and tender. If you think that chicken is always a dry and boring cut of meat, think again because this is as tender and moist as a dish can get.
- So flavorful: Every single bite packs a punch. We get the earthy tones from the rosemary, the nice fruity sweetness of the apples + apple butter and the sweet-spicy kick from the red onions.
- It has cheese! I don’t need to say anything else, we all love cheese.
- Each chicken breast is nicely wrapped in prosciutto. Just thinking about it makes me want to head to the kitchen and make it again.
- The sauce is to die for! Honestly, the butter and wine and baked apples and onions make the single best sauce I’ve ever had!
Start in the oven finish in the stove top:
The reason this chicken with apples and onions is so delicious is that it’s baked for a bit and then we finish all the flavors in the pan. The onion and apple get softer and more mellow when baked. We also ensure that the prosciutto gets crispy all over. And baking it’s also the best way to cook fast a chicken breast.
However, we finish everything in the stove top. That way we can add some butter, a splash of red wine and reduce it for a bit to create the perfect pan sauce.
We also add the chicken breasts, that are not fully cooked, so they can soak up as much of the sauce as possible which results in super juicy chicken.
I’m completely sure this apple chicken recipe is going to become a staple during this holiday season.
Apple chicken recipe
We’ll need chicken breasts, salt and pepper to taste, apple butter, gouda or mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, red onion, apple, rosemary sprigs, olive oil, butter, apple cider and…wine!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Rub with apple butter
Wrap with the cheese slices and prosciutto.
Place in a baking pan, add the red onion and apple and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and take to the oven.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove from oven and transfer the chicken to a dish.
Transfer the onion, apple and juices to a saucepan, add butter and take to the fire.
Cook for around 4 minutes or until the butter has browned.
Add apple cider and wine and cook until it has reduced, around 6 minutes.
Add chicken and cook for 3 more minutes.
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Print the recipe
Rosemary Apple chicken recipe
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp apple butter
- 2 Slices cheese gouda or mozzarella
- 2 Slices prosciutto
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 1 Apple sliced
- Rosemary sprigs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ Cup apple cider
- ½ Cup wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Rub with apple butter and wrap with the cheese slices and prosciutto.
- Place in a baking pan, add the red onion and apple and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and take to the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove from oven and transfer the chicken to a dish.
- Transfer the onion, apple and juices to a saucepan, add butter and take to the fire. Cook for around 4 minutes or until the butter has browned. Add apple cider and wine and cook until it has reduced, around 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 more minutes.