Make the little girl in your life feel just like a Princess with this adorable DIY Princess crown! It would also be a great addition to a birthday party!
DIY Princess Crown
A DIY princess crown is a must for any royal beauty and my little munchkin is no exception. She loves dressing up as a princess and her favorite part is choosing her crown (and her favorites are the lace crowns we made a while back). She’s also super girly so anything glitter and tulle is right up her alley!
And she’s very, very creative so she suggested we should work on making a DIY princess crown one day. And I said, why not, let’s just do it right now. Because you can never have too many crowns, right? Right!
This adorable DIY princess crown is simple and easy to make and a great addition to any birthday party, or to a princess Halloween costume or just for pretend play. And is a wonderful way to spend the day with your little ones, having fun, developing new skills and creating a magical crown that any princess would be so proud to wear!
DIY Princess Crown Tutorial
- toilet paper tubes
- measuring tape
- craft scissors
- modge podge
- thin elastic
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- Using a measuring tape, measure around your paper tube, decide how large you want the “spikes” in your crown and make marks with your marker pen, at about 1/3 down the length of the paper tube. I made mine about 1″ wide.
- Measure the distance between 2 marks and find the middle then start cutting the spikes from that point, towards the marks, first to the mark on one side then to the mark on the other side.
- Using a thick brush apply modge podge all over the tube and immediately sprinkle glitter; try and distribute the glitter evenly. Set aside to dry.
- Apply a second layer of modge podge then another one of glitter and leave to dry.
- Apply a third and last layer of modge podge and leave to dry.
- Meanwhile gather a strip of tulle, using your sewing machine or by hand and arrange it in a circle.
- Cut a piece of elastic, long enough to go around your head and join the ends together with a knot.
- Hand sew the knot area to the gathered tulle circle.
- Once the modge podge is dry, apply embellishments to your crown, using a hot glue gun.
- Apply hot glue to the bottom of the crown and press it on the tulle circle, elastic side down.
- And you’re done! Your beautiful DIY princess crown is ready to wear. Enjoy!