Easter bunny rolls
Aren’t these Easter bunny rolls so adorable? These cuties are so delicious and fluff, the perfect addition to your Easter dinner! Or make them the night before and serve them at breakfast! Everyone will be hopping with excitement!
I made my Easter bunny rolls with strawberry jam and cream cheese as I love this combination but they’re delicious plain too. I added a touch of crunchy with some crushed peanuts and created that lovely golden crust with some simple ingredients: butter and honey. And it was all ready in less than half an hour! What’s not to love about this recipe?
If you’re worried these Easter bunnies will be too sweet, don’t be! These are made with just a little strawberry jam and a touch of honey, to make them just sweet enough without being overwhelming. And they’re so fluff and moist, in spite of the fact that I kind of baked them a little too much, following the crescent dough instructions. 3-4 minutes less would’ve been better. But even with that boo-boo, these turned out not only adorable but super delicious too!
I like serving these cold because of the cream cheese which to me tastes kind of funky when warm.
Easter Bunny Rolls Recipe
- 1 crescent dough
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
You will also need:
- Pre heat oven at 395 F = 200 C
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper
- Roll out crescent dough just a little (you don’t want it too thick but not too thin either or it will break when baking)
- Cut in four
- Mix cream cheese and strawberry jam,
- Spread on all four dough squares.
- Roll each square and pinch the ends to seal the rolls.
- Twist twice and shape the ears up if needed.
- Sit bunnies in the baking sheet.
- Mix melted butter and honey and brush bunnies with the mixture.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.