Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This easy chicken Alfredo pasta is made in only 1 pan and in around 30 minutes! Super delicious and creamy, it’s a classic dinner dish that’s a total crowd favorite!
Easy chicken Alfredo
I love quick dinner ideas! The ones you can put on the table in under 30 minutes and that taste like they came from a fancy restaurant. This easy chicken Alfredo pasta hits all the marks!
Chicken Alfredo pasta is incredibly delicious! To be honest, this doesn’t taste like you made it super quick in your kitchen on a weeknight. This tastes like the one you would get from the fancy restaurant in town.
More pasta recipes you will love:
- Baked spaghetti casserole
- Orecchiette Bolognese
- Farfalle pasta with ground beef
- Tomato chickpea pasta
- The best macaroni pudding
- Cheesy baked spaghetti
It’s also made in one pan! Seriously, you use the same pan for everything: cooking the chicken, making the sauce, cooking the pasta. Since everything is cooked in the same pan you reduce:
- Cooking time
- Cleaning time
And best of all? Everything soaks up all the flavors making every bite incredibly tasty
Substitutes for heavy cream when making easy chicken Alfredo
I love to use heavy cream when making chicken Alfredo pasta! It makes it super creamy and rich and you don’t need to use as much Parmesan cheese.
However if you don’t have heavy cream on hand you can also use:
- Half and half
- Or milk and a sprinkle of cornstarch or flour to make it thicker
The great thing about this dish is that you can play with the ingredients a little bit and the end result will be just as delicious.
What goes with chicken Alfredo?
I love to serve this dish with a good fresh salad. A green salad or garden salad are all good options. If I’m looking for something a little more elaborate I’ll probably go with a Caesar salad. This baby spinach salad is also a great pairing for your homemade chicken alfredo.
It’s also delicious to serve it with asparagus on the side or with brussels sprouts or even with some steamed and lightly salted broccoli. Or add a slice or two of this delicious Italian herb and cheese bread.
Most popular recipes:
- 6 Ingredients taco soup recipe
- Easy French Cream Puffs Recipe
- Crispy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Spiced Herb Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
What can I add to my Alfredo Pasta?
- Broccoli goes great with this recipe, if you’re a fan.
- Or you can add a few steamed carrots or peas (or both).
- Or sprinkle some crushed pecan nuts or walnuts for a bit of a crunchiness.
- Also fresh herbs always go well with any pasta, with basil being the best option (basil is an awesome pair with most pasta or pizza recipes), and parsley as second best.
Chicken Alfredo pasta recipe
For this tasty recipe you’ll be needing chicken breast, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper to taste, olive oil, heavy cream, chicken stock and dried pasta. So gather your ingredients and let’s get cooking!
How do you make creamy chicken Alfredo from scratch?
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
3. Add the chicken and cook until barely cooked on the outside.
4. Add the heavy cream, the chicken stock and the pasta and stir to combine.
5. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for around 20 minutes or until the pasta is done and the sauce has thickened.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe
Easy chicken Alfredo pasta
- 2 Chicken breast diced
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 2 Cups dried pasta
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for around 3 minutes, until barely cooked on the outside.
- Add the heavy cream, the chicken stock and the pasta and stir to combine.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for around 20 minutes or until the pasta is done and the sauce has reduced and thickened.