Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Need a last minute dessert for unexpected guests? Put together an amazing dessert plate in just a few minutes with these puff pastry pinwheels! Filled with delicious vanilla cream and raisins, these easy peasy vanilla rolls will impress your guests and have them ask for more!
I honestly spent a great amount of time thinking about how to call these puff pastry pinwheels! Are they pinwheels, are they rolls, should I simply call them cookies? No matter how you decide to call them, these vanilla cream cookies with raisins are probably the easiest dessert you can make.
While these puff pastry pinwheels taste like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen, they come together in no time, literally! All thanks to the pre made puff pastry dough which you can thaw in the fridge the night before if you plan on making these. Or use your microwave or place the pastry next to a source of heat if you need to make these cream filled cookies as a last minute dessert!
Want more puff pastry recipes?
- Nutella peanut butter flowers
- Strawberry cream cheese braid
- Orange pinwheels
- Cinnamon sugar rolls
- Apple puff pastry ring
- Banana cinnamon croissants
- Blackberry jam cookies
- Cheese meat pinwheels
- Raspberry cheese pies
- Apple roses
- Cheese puff pastry folds
Savoring these yummy-in-my-tummy puff pastry pinwheels is even easier as these taste incredibly good! Vanilla cream and raisins are a match form heaven and together with the flaky puff pastry, make an amazing cookie not many other desserts can beat! These vanilla rolls taste even better warm, are great next to a cup of coffee or tea make and make an awesome breakfast idea!
Puff pastry pinwheels
To make these wonderful cookies all you need is puff pastry, raisins and vanilla cream which is super easy and quick to make. And you won’t believe how simple this cream is! Just mix eggs, milk, sugar and some flour, simmer until the cream gets thick. Add butter and vanilla extract and leave to cool a little. Spread it over the puff pastry, sprinkle raisins, roll the pastry and cut into pinwheels then bake and done! Your amazing vanilla pinwheels are ready to wow your guests or family!
Vanilla cream puff pastry pinwheels
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 2 large egg yolks
- 13 fl oz milk
- 3 oz sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 cup raisins
You will also need
- medium bowl
- medium saucepan
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- sharp knife
- Thaw puff pastry in the fridge the night before
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with baking paper
- Pre heat oven at 375 F
- In a medium bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar and half the milk until sugar is half melted
- Add the flour and mix until no lumps left
- Pour the rest of the milk
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Turn the heat on low and simmer until the cream gets thick
- Add the butter and vanilla extract and mix until butter is melted
- Roll out 1 of the pastry sheets
- Spread half the cream over the pastry
- Sprinkle half the raisins
- Roll up the pastry then slice using a sharp knife (tip: dip the knife in a bowl with cold water after each cut to remove the vanilla cream and help the knife slide easier when slicing the pastry)
- Place the rolls in the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls get golden in color
- Repeat for the second pastry sheet once the first batch is baked
Pin to save for later