Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Keeping up with all the cleaning you need to do around your house can be pretty exhausting. And if you’re not organized, you’re probably causing much more work for yourself than you need to. That’s why I love using a deep cleaning checklist as I clean. It helps me stay on track and ensures everything gets cleaned on a regular basis.
Deep Cleaning checklist
Getting your house clean and keeping it that way takes a little bit of time and effort. But it’s worth it in the end! And with a simple deep cleaning checklist and some tips and tricks, you’ll be on your way to having a clean home in no time.
Keep your supplies on hand. There’s nothing worse than having to stop in the middle of cleaning a room because you need a tool or cleaner.
That’s why it’s essential that you start by organizing your supplies and your strategy before you begin cleaning. Make sure you have everything on hand and ready to go so you can quickly move from task to task without worrying about forgetting something important.
Similar ideas you will love:
- Freezer and pantry inventory printable list
- Printable storage labels
- The best way to clean a microwave oven
- Printable cleaning schedule
- Natural citrus cleaner
- How to clean vacuum brush from trapped hair
- How to clean a stove without scrubbing
Deep cleaning tips and tricks
1. To deep clean your home, you’ll need several items, including:
- Paper towels
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
- Dusting wand
- Trash bags
- All-purpose cleaner
- Disinfecting cleaner
- Glass and window cleaner
- Floor cleaner
- Carpet and upholstery cleaner
2. Work from the top down. To avoid cleaning areas of each room twice, start at the top of the room and work your way down. Clean the ceilings and light fixtures first. Then, clean the walls and windows followed by the furniture. Finish by wiping the baseboards and cleaning the floors.
3. Go room to room. Another great way to ensure your entire house gets cleaned more quickly is to stick to one room at a time. Dividing your tasks by rooms helps you conquer all the items on your to-do list for each room before moving on to the next.
4. Keep a checklist nearby. As you’re cleaning, it can be easy to forget everything you need to do in each room. That’s why using a checklist is a great idea. The list helps you outline each area of the room that needs to be cleaned. Once you’re finished with that task, check it off the list and move on to the next to help you get your room thoroughly cleaned with ease.
5. Separate your daily, weekly, and monthly chores to keep your house clean every day. Not all cleaning chores need to be completed every day. By dividing your cleaning into daily, weekly, and monthly tasks, you can cut down on your daily workload while still keeping your house spotless.
Printable deep cleaning checklist
Printing out this deep cleaning checklist is a great way to ensure you get everything on your to-do list finished. Simply download the file and print it out each time you’re ready to clean, then mark the items off the list as you complete them. And if there are tasks you usually do around the house that aren’t on the list, just fill in the blanks with your own ideas.
The check list is broken down into three easy-to-follow guides: daily cleaning tasks, weekly cleaning tasks, and monthly cleaning tasks. On each checklist, you’ll also notice that the tasks are divided according to room to help you stay organized as you clean.
Daily Cleaning Checklist
Keeping up with these daily chores is the best way to keep your house neat and organized between deep cleanings:
- Bedrooms: Fix bed, fold clothes and arrange in the closet, pick up used clothes and put in laundry
- Bathroom: Wipe the toilet seat and keep it dry, wipe of the shower and bathtub, clean mirrors and countertop, change dirty towels
- Living areas: Declutter, vacuum and sweep if needed, straighten throw pillows, clean desks of unnecessary items, throw away old papers and notes, organize bills
- Kitchen: Sweep and pick-up crumbs off the floor, wash and put away the dishes, clean sink, wipe down countertops and table, store leftovers properly, take out trash
- Others: Check mail and daily paper, bring deliveries and packages inside, do one load of laundry, sweep the porch
Weekly Cleaning Tasks
In addition to your daily chores, you should also take care of some deep cleaning tasks in each room throughout the week. This weekly cleaning checklist will help you stay organized as you deep clean every room in your house:
- Daily: Wipe and clear counters, make beds, wash and dry dishes, do one load of laundry, take out the trash, clean sink and kitchen floors in the evening
- Monday (bathroom): Scrub toilet, clean sinks, mirrors, and counters, clean showers and bathtubs, replace towels and wash bath rubs, mop and sweep floors, take out the trash, throw away old and empty bottles
- Tuesday (living room): Dust and straighten shelves and cabinets, vacuum, sweep, and mop, wash and clean windows and blinds, organize toys and declutter
- Wednesday (kitchen): Clean stove and microwave, scrub and clean counters and sink, wipe and disinfect fridge and freezer, scrub, sweep, and mop floors
- Thursday (bedroom): Dust and vacuum, change sheets, pillow cases and curtains, sort dirty laundry, clean windows and blinds, straighten closets and drawers
- Friday (other rooms): Dust and vacuum, straighten shelves, desks, and drawers, clean washer and dryer, dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Weekend (outdoors): Sweep porch and patio, organize garage, mow the lawn and remove weeds, clean out the car
Monthly Cleaning To-Do List
Taking the time to focus on deep cleaning tasks throughout the month allows you to tackle all your deep cleaning a little bit at a time. These deep cleaning items can be done once per month:
- Kitchen. Clean and descale the coffee maker, wipe off small appliances, clean fridge and freezer, deep clean stove burners. Wipe off cabinets, scrub and deep clean sink and faucet, cycle clean washer and dishwasher
- Bathrooms. Wash and change shower curtain, clean and update medicine cabinet, declutter under bathroom sinks, clean showerhead and faucets
- Living area. Declutter shelves and drawers, wash and change throw pillows, vacuum and disinfect rugs and carpets, wash and change curtains
- Other rooms. Declutter and sort out garage, organize storage in basement or attic, wash windows, switch plates and cutlery. Defrost and deep clean freezer, wash area rugs, clean out dryer vent. Disinfect trash cans, dust walls and ceiling corners, sweep out fireplace, vacuum all furniture. Wipe all doors, chair rails, and moldings, dust light fixtures and lamp shades, throw away outdated files and papers, clean window tracks.
Get your printable Deep cleaning checklist here!
And don’t forget, sharing is caring so send this to your friends! They’ll love you forever!
Pin to save for later