Nectarine and cucumber salad
I honestly don’t know how I’ve come up with such an unusual combination (at least to me) as nectarine, cucumber, peppers and honey mustard sauce. I love salads but it can can quite boring to eat the same salads over and over again. I needed something to spice things up and bring more flavor to my salads.
Luckily I found just the right recipe. I accidentally bumped into a nectarine cucumber salad but frankly that recipe was thousand times more boring than the most boring salad on earth. I almost gave it a pass when chili peppers came to mind. I love spicy food so what if I throw one chili in and give the original nectarine and cucumber salad a twist? From here to adding lots of other super delicious ingredients was just a tiny step.
I was surprised at the creativity suddenly starting to flow through my mind. I wanted a super colorful salad. I also wanted my salad to be fresh so lime or lemon juice was needed. My new salad had to be interesting and out of ordinary so here comes the honey mustard sauce. Long story short I am super excited about how this project turned.
As always my nectarine and cucumber salad is super quick and easy to make and it has such an interesting, special flavor. It’s also an original, fresh recipe that’s sure to get your blood pump and make you feel alive from the very first bite thanks to its chili/garlic/vinegar combination. I see this nectarine and cucumber salad a perfect match to the pork tenderloin roll recipe I plan to make very soon.
Nectarine and cucumber recipe with honey mustard sauce
- 1 nectarine
- 1/2 large cucumber (I used English cucumbers)
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- Fresh parsley, as preferred
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (I used 2 tablespoons)
- 1 large clove garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Cut the nectarine in half, all the way around it and twist both sides with hands until the nectarine pit comes out.
- Chop all veggies and the nectarine, any shape you like (I chopped them in slices) and place in a salad bowl
- Chop parsley and sprinkle over the other ingredients
- Peel off the garlic clove
- Put all ingredients in a blender/mixing device and mix well
- Pour 2 tablespoons of honey mustard sauce over the nectarine and cucumber salad.
- Chili pepper or garlic can be removed from the salad if you're not a spicy person
- Serve salad refrigerated for a boost of freshness
- Perfect side dish for a heavier main course such as pork meat