What can be more delicious than juicy, sweet strawberries with delicious, smooth cream cheese, wrapped up in beautiful, buttery, flaky puff pastry breakfast bread? You are going to love this sweet and simple strawberry puff pastry recipe!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
My daughter “ordered” a special breakfast! She said she’s got bored of the old cereal and orange juice breakfast! And since her wish is my command I squeezed my brain to come up with something that is simple and quick to make! And what can be more delicious than a strawberry puff pastry breakfast?
This strawberry cream cheese pastry is super easy and fast to make so you can actually make it in the morning and serve it fresh. But if you’re not a morning person, my strawberry puff pastry tastes just as amazing the next day, so make it the night before and lightly reheat it in the oven in the morning.
Great to serve with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk, this strawberry puff pastry braid is filling and nutritious and provides enough energy to keep you going for hours. And it works just as great as a dessert for parties, potlucks or family gatherings!
My strawberry puff pastry breakfast/dessert idea takes only a few minutes to put together and bake but it looks fancy enough to serve to all kinds of occasions, even holidays. Strawberries and smooth, sweet cream cheese make a match from heaven and this wonderful combination is complemented perfectly by the buttery, flaky puff pastry. Everyone will love this puff pastry breakfast!
Strawberry Puff Pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hauled and diced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (dry or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
You will also need:
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
- fine sieve
- baking paper
- baking sheet
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- optional – rolling pin
- Pre heat the oven at 390 F.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and icing sugar and mix on medium for 2 minutes than on high until smooth and creamy. Keep refrigerated.
- Dice strawberries and strain well through a fine sieve. Discard the juice.
- Place a piece of baking paper on the working surface large enough to fit the pastry sheet. Roll out the thawed pastry. I would recommend to lightly roll out the pastry with a rolling pin (i didn’t and the pastry was a bit too thick to bake).
- Spread the cream cheese evenly, using a spatula.
- Add a layer of diced strawberries.
- Sprinkle orange zest and sugar.
- Roll up the puff pastry, not very tight though or the filling will spill out.
- If the edge ends up on top of the roll, flip it under.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll in half, lengthwise.
- Twist each of these halves then braid the twists together, without applying pressure. Both the twists and the braid should be pretty loose. Don’t worry if some filling spills out, you can clean it when you’re done braiding and add it on top of the braid.
- Grab the baking paper by the ends and transfer the roll to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 390 F for about 20 minutes or until the bread gets a golden brown top.
- Leave to cool a little then cut into slices.
- Serve warm or cold.
Pin To Save For Later
GET MORE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
More puff pastry recipes
- Southern Muffin Tin Dessert Bites
- Pioneer Woman’s Quick and Easy Apple Tart
- Mushroom Puffs
- Puff pastry orange pinwheels