Make a cute, personalized, budget friendly notebook, for personal use or for a kid with this super easy Recycled Cereal Box Notebooks tutorial.
Recycled Cereal Box Notebooks
Did you guys know that Nature Valley is so much more than just a bar? Have you tried the NEW Nature Valley cereals already? We have and loved their hearty, delicious cereals! This Recycled Cereal Box Notebooks tutorial was also inspired by these tasty, nutritious cereals and their fun boxes.
You can try the new Nature Valley cereals for yourself with this $1 OFF coupon
I don’t know about you but mornings around here are pretty chaotic, it’s just like a battle field, literally! No matter how early we wake up and how prepared we get ourselves the night before, it seems we’re always running late. So we need to rely on quick breakfasts! But they need to be nutritious and filling too and most times cereals are just the right choice. We’ve decided to give Nature Valley’s new cereals a try too, they’re a great way to start the day and make our mornings a lot more bright and fun!
We’ve picked 2 kinds: Nature Valley Baked Oat Bites which are great as a snack too (Ellie says these are her new favorite snacks!). These are cinnamon baked squares with a light, sweet drizzle.
The second one is Nature Valley Chocolate Oat Clusters, because I love crunchy food and we all love chocolate! These combine oat clusters with chocolate, wheat flakes and corn flakes.
All Nature Valley’s cereals are a great source of protein and fiber and have no artificial colors, flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
All these are a great way to power up your mornings and I think they’re just wonderful for busy families with an active lifestyle like us! These are sure to be a hit with both adults and kids!
You can try the new Nature Valley cereals for yourself with this $1 OFF coupon and when you do, I would love to know what’s your favorite flavor!
Also did you know you can recycle those cereal boxes once all that goodness inside is gone? You can make some handy dandy notebooks, for your personal use or for your kids, with my easy and quick tutorial. I made these for Ellie, because she loves drawing and she always has to have a notebook and a pen around, even when we’re on the go. She loves it so much that she even draws while walking or playing with other kids!
These are so fun, you’ll probably try and empty all the cereal boxes as fast as possible so you can make more notebooks! Decorate them as you like, to suit your style!
Recycled Cereal Box Notebooks Tutorial
- Nature Valley Old cereal box
- Paper for the inside pages
- Glue stick
- Tissue paper
- Hole puncher
- Washi tape
- Cut out the front and the back of the cereal box to create your covers.
- Cut tissue paper to fit the covers
- Apply glue on one side and then apply the tissue paper. Do the same for the other side. Alternatively you can apply tissue paper only on the images of the cereal box. I made both versions but I like more the first one, with both faces covered in tissue paper.
- Cut around the edges to remove any excess tissue paper.
- Grab your paper for the inside pages and trim down so they’re 1/4″ smaller than the covers, on all sides.
- Make 4 holes down the spine of the notebook, through papers and cover.
- Run ribbon through the holes, then glue the ends to the right side of the cover.
- Attach washi tape to the spine, first horizontally, then vertically, just on the edges of the washi tape stripes you’ve applies first.
- Take 2 pieces of ribbon of about 5″ each. Attach one strip to one side of the cover, using washi tape to keep it in place. Do the same for the other side of the cover then tie the ribbons together to close the notebook.
- For a more interesting look you can cut rounded corners.