This Aztec Hot Chocolate recipe made with instant coffee is rich and flavorful with a slight kick of chipotle chile pepper. A delightful Mexican inspired beverage that will warm your soul, perfect for chilly nights!
Aztec Hot Chocolate
There aren’t many chilly nights for us lately, the weather is pretty warm most of the time. But every once in a while I still feel the need to cuddle on the couch with a cup of a hot drink, like chocolate or milk, just for the sake of it. It relaxes me and makes me feel spoiled and it also counts as a little dose of indulgence. And what’s more indulging than chocolate? An Aztec Hot Chocolate made with cinnamon and chipotle pepper, that is!
I love making this Aztec hot chocolate for mornings too and I add a shot of coffee or a teaspoon of instant coffee when I’m too lazy to make the coffee in advance (don’t judge; I don’t get much free time these days so every minute counts for me).
This Aztec hot chocolate is quite rich in flavor so chocolate lovers, rejoice! This tasty recipe is the perfect way to add some punch to a regular hot chocolate.
Aztec Hot Chocolate Recipe for 6
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder (more if you make it in the morning)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 cup baking chocolate pieces
- In a large bowl combine milk, half-and-half, coffee powder, cinnamon and ground chipotle chili pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Cook on high heat and bring to a boiling point while stirring so the chocolate melts and combines evenly
- Then turn the heat on lowest and simmer for 20-25 minutes until it gets a thick texture.
- Serve immediately or warm.
- To serve, ladle beverage into cups.
- If desired, garnish each serving with whipped cream and/or sprinkle with additional cinnamon or white chocolate flakes.
- Enjoy your lovely Aztec hot chocolate!
Fudge strawberry cherry orange smoothie
Orange peel tea
Debloating tea recipe