Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This Aztec Hot Chocolate recipe made with instant coffee is rich and flavorful with a slight kick of chipotle chile pepper. A delightful Mexican inspired beverage that will warm your soul, perfect for chilly nights!
Aztec Hot Chocolate
There weren’t many chilly nights for us lately, the weather is pretty warm most of the time. But every once in a while I still feel the need to cuddle on the couch with a cup of a hot drink, like chocolate or milk, just for the sake of it. It relaxes me and makes me feel spoiled and it also counts as a little dose of indulgence. And what’s more indulging than chocolate? A spicy Aztec Hot Chocolate made with cinnamon and chipotle pepper, that is!
Perfect winter drink! Add a pinch of alcohol like vodka, Drambuie or Sheridan’s and you’re in for adult beverage heaven!
More drinks you might like:
- Dalgona whipped coffee
- Fudge strawberry cherry orange smoothie
- Orange peel tea
- Debloating tea recipe
- Fresh basil tea recipe
- Easy homemade hot cocoa
- Hot spiked apple cider
- Peach cocktail with gin
I love making this Aztec hot chocolate for mornings too and I add a shot of coffee or a teaspoon of instant coffee when I’m too lazy to make the coffee in advance (don’t judge; I don’t get much free time these days so every minute counts for me).
This Aztec hot chocolate is quite rich in flavor so chocolate lovers, rejoice! This tasty recipe is the perfect way to add some punch to a regular hot chocolate.
Spicy hot chocolate
What do you need to make Aztec hot chocolate?
A little spiciness makes everything better, if you ask me! So to honor the name of this recipe, the main “actor” here is ground chipotle chili pepper. But obviously this lovely drink wouldn’t be possible without milk, half-and-half, instant espresso coffee powder, ground cinnamon and delicious baking chocolate pieces.
How do you make hot chocolate spicy?
- Combine milk, half-and-half, coffee powder, cinnamon and ground chipotle chili pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and stir in chocolate pieces.
- Simmer until the mixture gets a thick texture.
- Serve immediately or warm.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Aztec Hot Chocolate Recipe
- In a large bowl combine milk, half-and-half, coffee powder, cinnamon and ground chipotle chili pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Cook on high heat and bring to a boiling point while stirring so the chocolate melts and combines evenly
- Then turn the heat on lowest and simmer for 20-25 minutes until it gets a thick texture.
Most popular recipes:
- Spiced herb roasted sweet potato wedges
- Buttermilk fried chicken
- French cream puffs
- 6 Ingredients taco soup